• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The real early ones, from the original design, had the safety inside the trigger guard just in front of the trigger. So either to go on safe or to discharge the weapon your finger was inside the trigger guard. It is a matter of faith.

Early pre-model 11's from Remington had them also as well as some of John Moses Browning's other designs.

It wasn't as bad as the single shot break open shotgun that required a second pull on the trigger to break the weapon open, and it didn't even have an external hammer...

Last edited:

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    This is the first shotgun of my own that I ever reconditioned. When I bought it from a LGS for $150 you would want a tetanus shot before picking it up. Someone had already put the polychoke on it, sad because it was an imp cyl solid bar barrel. It now functions much better than it looks.

It is the original furniture, stripped, steamed and stained before several coats of tung oil.

Some will think Browning, and in a way you would be right, but this is a Remington Model 11 straight from the 'way back machine' 1938... View attachment 134713
    Perfect gun to break some hand thrown clays with at the gravel pit!! Nice job!

Top Bottom