• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Is Streaming king? Really does anyone even watch live television any more? I know for myself I really do not watch much television at all. For the most part it really has to be interesting sitcoms with captions really do not do it for me.

Just wondering how many others are in the stream at your convenience boat?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Streaming is king for me. Already had Netflix and Prime while paying $200 for the cable alone. Now no cable and still keep both and we subscribe to one other app when we want something. The extra app currently is Paramount plus, we got for 1883 and are still watching some shows on there.

Very happy where we are and all the savings. Have never missed cable for a minute…

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Only time our TV gets turned on is when we're streaming. I gave up on local news being any different than MSM and no longer use a television as intended.
    After swearing off sports, my last excuse for watching programmed television was the weather......................hello internet, goodbye idiot box.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just cut the cord. But I did opt for Hulu live for the fact I can watch hockey, college football, and an occasional race live. All said though I'm saving $120 a month, and that includes upgrading my internet service from what I had.

We Have Hulu Live, prime tv, get paramount plus free with our phone, and get Samsung TV free when I bought the new TV. That came with Showtime for a year, but will definitely cancel that when the free year is up. Plus there's plenty of other free apps as well. More than enough options.

Do have Ota as well but only to one 1 tv

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I watch the Evening news, the wife likes Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy most evenings. I don't know why we bother with cable TV. MASH was the last program I watched on a regular basis.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Ota, hulu (not live), prime, netflix, samsung tv, roku.. and the youtube app (free) if its not one one of those no need to watch it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have Prime/Peacock/Disney/netflix/and some other kid channel. We stream to get the heck away from the mind numbing commercials. I am tired of watching men kiss and seeing advertising for drugs related to that lifestyle and many other reasons. We can binge watch series we like. And with the terrorist here a lot the Disney and kids channel serve a purpose. What we saved on the bundle with Direct streaming service/internet/phones from AT&T this does not effect the budget and we are still on the positive side of saving.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Never had cable, about the only thing I watch on tv is the weather and traffic in the morning, wife has Netflix and God knows what else, I recently subscribed to Amazon prime video so I could watch the Grand Tour and Jack Ryan.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Turned off DirectTV almost 2 years ago and cant be happier. When I visit my Mother I'm amazed how long the commercials are. 5 minutes + total. CM is right, I don't need men kissing or holding hands or any other woke crap. Local news went total moronic years ago. Network news/MSM is 100% corrupt.

Streaming is the way for us too. Now- since we live in the sticks, bandwidth is a challenge. Fiber is in process of being deployed with no firm date and Elon-net is being delivered Friday- hooray!

Looking forward to upgrading to a larger 75" or higher 4k as soon as we get more bandwidth!

Side note: I used to be a Dr. Pol junkie when we had DirecTV. I miss that. Need to find another source.

Reactions: Leo

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We only stream our TV entertainment now and have for the last 5+ years. It used to be Hulu/Netflix/Amazon Prime, but now it's Hulu/Paramount+/Amazon Prime. Netflix can suck it with all their crap progressive programming. We pay a little extra for no commercials on Hulu and it's well worth it.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Not sure if it’s on firestick, or an app on my samsung tv, but Freevee, has all seasons of Adam-12, the best tv show EVER!
    We get FreeVee (for free.....go figure) on the Amazon Fire tablet the wife got me. We find lots of stuff on there to watch and we cast it to the TV.
    And you are correct Sir, Adam-12 is the best show EVER.

1ADAM12, 1ADAM12..................see the man in Tennessee about telling the cable company and network tv to kiss his a$$.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Commercials are being used as a cultural conditioning.

Even You Tube ends up with some faggy guy talking about fragrant soap, appliances for manscaping, and "woke" retardations. (not to mention anti 2nd amendment) Children who are too young to have an opinion are being conditioned to have the agenda opinions. Then they get to school ready to be programmed, oriented, indoctrinated, and anything else.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Turned off DirectTV almost 2 years ago and cant be happier. When I visit my Mother I'm amazed how long the commercials are. 5 minutes + total. CM is right, I don't need men kissing or holding hands or any other woke crap. Local news went total moronic years ago. Network news/MSM is 100% corrupt.

Streaming is the way for us too. Now- since we live in the sticks, bandwidth is a challenge. Fiber is in process of being deployed with no firm date and Elon-net is being delivered Friday- hooray!

Looking forward to upgrading to a larger 75" or higher 4k as soon as we get more bandwidth!

Side note: I used to be a Dr. Pol junkie when we had DirecTV. I miss that. Need to find another source.
    Disney plus had Natgeo which had Dr Pohl. But when Disney asserted their intelligence and superiority in vowing to fight legislation we dropped Disney plus with no regrets

Top Bottom