• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Probably should have ended after the first three words of the OP.

I find it difficult to believe that any thread here that began with "This Jew b****" would be received well.

I would say the difference is that the b**** in question gives every appearance of subscribing to the Islam of the Ayatollah, which calls for our extermination. If there is any doubt, her flippant treatment of 9/11 should have put that to rest. As far as I am concerned, someone who wants me exterminated is worth exactly the cost of a .308 boat tail.

By contrast, someone like King Abdullah is an entirely different creature. Ditto for our own BBI. I, for one, would take umbrage at such treatment of anyone whose goal is to be at peace with others regardless of their theology or lack thereof. As for those who would seek ill (like death for example) for me and mine, I tend to see them as dangerous enemies to be dealt with appropriately, which absolutely does not include giving a damn about being courteous toward them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would say the difference is that the b**** in question gives every appearance of subscribing to the Islam of the Ayatollah, which calls for our extermination. If there is any doubt, her flippant treatment of 9/11 should have put that to rest. As far as I am concerned, someone who wants me exterminated is worth exactly the cost of a .308 boat tail.

By contrast, someone like King Abdullah is an entirely different creature. Ditto for our own BBI. I, for one, would take umbrage at such treatment of anyone whose goal is to be at peace with others regardless of their theology or lack thereof. As for those who would seek ill (like death for example) for me and mine, I tend to see them as dangerous enemies to be dealt with appropriately, which absolutely does not include giving a damn about being courteous toward them.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing nice to say about Omar. Shes an awful anti-Semite, and I hope shes voted out promptly when the replays of her anti-Semitism are shown ad nauseam before her next election.

I just see some old fashioned INGO generalizing in this thread about 'the Muslims'. A thing some people may find comfortable to generalize negatively about for one reason or another.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Dont get me wrong, I have nothing nice to say about Omar. Shes an awful anti-Semite, and I hope shes voted out promptly when the replays of her anti-Semitism are shown ad nauseam before her next election.

I just see some old fashioned INGO generalizing in this thread about 'the Muslims'. A thing some people may find comfortable to generalize negatively about for one reason or another.
    I would say to that Omar is not helping the perception of "the Muslims" that she represents. In other words she does not represent them well but she gets voted in.

If "the Muslims" don't like the negative impressions of their faith then they should maybe scrutinize more closely those they choose to represent them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The ballot box is the appropriate place to handle this. We should reject the feelings which make us support extremist tactics. Knowing what we know now, sane people should develop a strategy to expose radical leftists , including the radical Muslims, for what they are. We know from polling that the more people learn about these “fresh faces” of the New Democrats, the less popular they are.

Justice Democrats are indeed behind Omar, AOC, and all the other radical leftists they’re calling the new faces of the Democratic Party. They’re quite openly telling us who they’re backing. So, it would be in the best interest to expose these people early and often. Let voters know what these candidates are about. Whichever candidates ND is supporting for future elections, voters need to know what they’re getting into. Get them out to vote in the primaries. This is where they win. AOC beat a decades incumbent with just 15k votes in a district of 750k registered voters.

https://www.justicedemocrats.com/candidates/

Nah, turn Minnesota red in 2020 and then gerrymander her district out of existence after the census

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The district Omar's from is one of the most hard left districts in the country.
    Keith Ellison held this Congressional seat before her.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My guess would be they are naturalized Somali refugees.

So, if the district is Muslim in make up, wouldn't a Muslim REPRESENTATIVE be correct? :dunno:

I can't keep up; I'm still trying to kick out the Irish and keep the Catholics out of office.

You blew it in '60

Welcome, brother Knight

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I would say to that Omar is not helping the perception of "the Muslims" that she represents. In other words she does not represent them well but she gets voted in. If "the Muslims" don't like the negative impressions of their faith then they should scrutinize more closely those they choose to represent them.

The person who basically ignited the criticism over Omar's 9/11 comments was a Muslim. Rep. Dan Crenshaw retweeted this tweet from Imam Mohamad Tawhidi which started the discussion. There are Muslim voices that recognize Omar's B.S. just like there are plenty of non Muslims that are much more critical of Israel than Omar, but don't receive nearly the same criticism, such as George Galloway.

This is kinda like saying if Catholics don't like the negative impressions of their faith influenced by child rape scandals involving Catholic priests, they should scrutinize more closely who they choose to represent them. Who, exactly, chooses Catholic priests to represent Catholics? Is it all Catholics? No? Well then, who exactly chose Ilhan Omar to represent muslims? Was it all Muslims in America? You'd have to substantiate that claim with evidence. What is definitely true and obvious is that the people who chose Omar were the constituents of her district, not Muslims across America. And even among the Somali Muslims in her district, there are voices calling our her garbage (link).

I admit that it would take special attention to hear these voices as they're not necessarily mainstream. And I'm not sure there's a way to tell what percentage of American Muslims agree with Omar, that would be interesting to see. But if you put your ear closer to the ground you will see that Muslims have tried to scrutinize her. It is up to you to decide whether these examples and others are enough scrutiny, maybe you think they should scrutinize more closely still. Not trying to convince you Muslims are the saving grace of America and Ilhan Omar is an odd one out; she probably accurately represents the views of many Muslims. But just trying to show that, there are those voices out there :yesway:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

PSA: The only time INGO wants to be 'woke' is before sun up when we're going fishing. That is all

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The person who basically ignited the criticism over Omar's 9/11 comments was a Muslim. Rep. Dan Crenshaw retweeted this tweet from Imam Mohamad Tawhidi which started the discussion. There are Muslim voices that recognize Omar's B.S. just like there are plenty of non Muslims that are much more critical of Israel than Omar, but don't receive nearly the same criticism, such as George Galloway.

This is kinda like saying if Catholics don't like the negative impressions of their faith influenced by child rape scandals involving Catholic priests, they should scrutinize more closely who they choose to represent them. Who, exactly, chooses Catholic priests to represent Catholics? Is it all Catholics? No? Well then, who exactly chose Ilhan Omar to represent muslims? Was it all Muslims in America? You'd have to substantiate that claim with evidence. What is definitely true and obvious is that the people who chose Omar were the constituents of her district, not Muslims across America. And even among the Somali Muslims in her district, there are voices calling our her garbage (link).

I admit that it would take special attention to hear these voices as they're not necessarily mainstream. And I'm not sure there's a way to tell what percentage of American Muslims agree with Omar, that would be interesting to see. But if you put your ear closer to the ground you will see that Muslims have tried to scrutinize her. It is up to you to decide whether these examples and others are enough scrutiny, maybe you think they should scrutinize more closely still. Not trying to convince you Muslims are the saving grace of America and Ilhan Omar is an odd one out; she probably accurately represents the views of many Muslims. But just trying to show that, there are those voices out there :yesway:
    Good for them as they should be calling it out. My point was that Omar does'nt represent well. All i'm saying is don't support and vote the radical extreme in if they do not represent the kind of image that you want to project.

Catholics should apply plenty of scrutiny as well towards the kind of people that represent their faith because those that betray that faith have given plenty of fodder for outsiders to trash them as well.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let me offer the condensed evolution of my understanding of islam. I started with a very negative overall view based on the contents of the Quran and the actions of the better known examples. After being schooled on the issue by another member who is convert to Islam and is married to a Jordanian who is a native born Muslim, I have come to understand that as practice of Islam in real life goes, those bad actors represent a minority in terms of both behavior and their understanding of Islam. That leaves us with a relatively small group of fundamentalists who take the book literally with emphasis on its nastiest parts. In addition to this. I applaud the effort King Abdullah has made to become the representative of Islam's silent majority. I feel he has done as much or more than anyone else in history to promote peace and understanding.

At the end of this refinement of understanding, I am left with the reality that my initial understanding based on the contents of the book as I understood it are not really relevant so much as the understanding and application of those who are practitioners. Unfortunately, we have some practitioners on our hands, like Rep. Omar, who apparently subscribe to the Islam of the Ayatollah, ISIS, Hamas, and Hezbollah rather than the Islam of King Abdullah, and we need to see that we deal with these people ad the serious and virulent threat that they are.

As for the Catholics, I find it important to remember that, as I read at the height of the scandal, the prevalence of sex offenders in Catholic clergy is actually slightly lower than in nom-Catholic clergy. The image problem for the Catholics comes largely from sheer numbers since the Catholic church dwarfs most other denominations.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As for the Catholics, I find it important to remember that, as I read at the height of the scandal, the prevalence of sex offenders in Catholic clergy is actually slightly lower than in nom-Catholic clergy. The image problem for the Catholics comes largely from sheer numbers since the Catholic church dwarfs most other denominations.

Correct, but it provided a prime opportunity and excuse for people who already hate the Church and Catholics to express their preexisting hatred and prejudice.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The image problem is much more around their hiding the problem than it happening.

Top Bottom