Omar finally draws criticism from her own party - Rest of the squad pissed...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That is ridiculous. There are estimated to be over 4 million Muslims in this country, and you say none of them are compatible with this country. When you paint a whole group like you did, it is bigotry and prejudice. You can try to shroud it in your religious beliefs, but that doesn't change what it is.
    :rolleyes:

What I said is: mooslims are not compatible with our form of government, i.e., serving in government.. If you`re going to attack my beliefs, at least be courteous enough to slam me in the proper context.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Leo

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You can have your opinion about the meaning of a text. Attributing your opinion to all Muslims is pure bigotry. There is no other way to paint it. Insulting other members of this forum like that is not cool.
    As I said previously, not all practitioners take their book literally. It is also significant that apparent conflicts within the Quran are, according to the generally applied Islamic interpretive principles, resolved by the last thing written chronologically being authoritative.

As one of the members you mentioned advised me, Islam is more pragmatic and forgiving of one's own application than is Christianity. By contrast, a Christian, especially one of a fundamental persuasion, will apply the principles he knows. This would include proper doctrine based on the whole counsel of the scripture. Consequently, he will be inclined to believe that the book means exactly what it says and expect practitioners to accept it as such..

The unfortunate truth is that as long as we have fundamentalist Moslems persecuting and killing non-Moslems and relatively few like King Abdullah of Jordan who will openly take a stand against it, this is going to be an issue.

From the outsiders perspective, there are a number of things where the book and actual practice may or may not line up that the outsider would not generally anticipate. I find it hard to argue that a harsh condemnation of bigotry is in order for taking a religion at its official word.

Prior to some guidance from one member in particular and by chance seeing a rather in depth interview regarding ISIS in which King Abdullah went into great depth about the nature of ISIS and its incompatibility with Islam as he knows it, I was in the exact same place believing that peaceful coexistence was necessarily impossible.

I am not going to address this on theological terms. Christianity and Islam are mutually exclusive at that level. That doesn't make it impossible for most of us to be happy neighbors, but one point that is under-addressed is that not only are the two books very different, so are the methods of interpreting them. Without understanding this point, it seems very clear that the Quran commands its believers to exterminate "infidels". In reality, your mileage may vary greatly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That is ridiculous. There are estimated to be over 4 million Muslims in this country, and you say none of them are compatible with this country. When you paint a whole group like you did, it is bigotry and prejudice. You can try to shroud it in your religious beliefs, but that doesn't change what it is.

:rolleyes:

What I said is: mooslims are not compatible with our form of government, i.e., serving in government.. If you`re going to attack my beliefs, at least be courteous enough to slam me in the proper context.

If we are going to go here we have to account those like Ilhan Omar, elected by a district that has a great deal of ethnic homogeneity to represent them, who are very obviously trying to convert the US into Somalia writ large.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I think the reason most people have issues with the religion of Islam,is when there is some violent occurrence, you rarely hear the non radical believers voice opposition to the violence. In the last 5 -10 years,Social media has given them a pass on spewing hatred and violence toward the State of Israel and infidels and again not a peep from the non violent believers........just crickets. JMHO

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think the reason most people have issues with the religion of Islam,is when there is some violent occurrence, you rarely hear the non radical believers voice opposition to the violence. In the last 5 -10 years,Social media has given them a pass on spewing hatred and violence toward the State of Israel and infidels and again not a peep from the non violent believers........just crickets. JMHO
    I'd say there is no amount of opposition they could give that would appease those that despise them. There are always those that come out against the violence, but they are ignored either by the main stream media or by those that dislike them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let's hope that when the milksop republicans see the Democrats will allow no censure of anyone for any reason, that they'll finally get over the impulse to go along when the Dems want to censure a republican for some reason

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Chance of success:

iu

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%