• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Just got it today, and it seems awesome. The output is very clean with a nice soft falloff. I’m excited it use this and put it through the ringer. Does anyone else have experience with it?
    71B765E9-C10C-436D-8A5B-4CEBEC80BFD1.jpeg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Just got it today, and it seems awesome. The output is very clean with a nice soft falloff. I’m excited it use this and put it through the ringer. Does anyone else have experience with it?
    View attachment 119858
    Nice looking setup. Pick up a used/busted inner tube from your local bike shop to cut into strips. Best remedy to keep cords cinched up. Looking forward to a review.

(Your front sight is backwards)

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Nice looking setup. Pick up a used/busted inner tube from your local bike shop to cut into strips. Best remedy to keep cords cinched up. Looking forward to a review.

(Your front sight is backwards)
    Thanks for the tips on the inner tubes. It came with a couple zip ties which I’m using now.

(I realize I installed it backwards. Kinda prefer it that way so I can’t hit the fat part with my thumb to flip it up.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Word of caution about Olight's customer service.

I own two lights. Bought them during the Christmas sales.

I decided it was time for a top-off charge. plugged them both in. One came up red, the other green. after 4 hours one was still red. Even though the light was not used at all. Should have been a quick top off.

Long story short, after troubleshooting(swapping the charger between two lights), I realized that I had a bad charger. After several emails back and forth with customer service. (which I assume is based overseas because they were replying within minutes at nearly midnight our time.) They had me send them a video of what it was doing to prove the failure. They totally ignored my detailed description and wanted me to clean the tailcap because it may not have a good connection (already told them Ive tried it with multiple lights and the problem follows the charger) .

They finally agree with my diagnosis that it is the charger. "I have manually ordered a new charger for you. It should ship within 2 weeks. :wow:

LOLWUT? 2 weeks to ship out a simple spare part? Ugh. Not 2 weeks to get, 2 weeks for them to finally get off their butt and throw a spare part in a box and hand to the postman. And if it goes USPS domestically, that will probably be another 2 weeks with their incompetence. If it ships from the overseas factory, God help me. :):

Just wanted to get that out there. Decent lights at a decent price. But CS leaves a lot to be desired.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    View attachment 119858
    I bought an Odin day 1. It's been great. If I were going to complain it would be a little jiggle with the factory mount, but if it bothers you just buy an aftermarket mount.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Word of caution about Olight's customer service.

I own two lights. Bought them during the Christmas sales.

I decided it was time for a top-off charge. plugged them both in. One came up red, the other green. after 4 hours one was still red. Even though the light was not used at all. Should have been a quick top off.

Long story short, after troubleshooting(swapping the charger between two lights), I realized that I had a bad charger. After several emails back and forth with customer service. (which I assume is based overseas because they were replying within minutes at nearly midnight our time.) They had me send them a video of what it was doing to prove the failure. They totally ignored my detailed description and wanted me to clean the tailcap because it may not have a good connection (already told them Ive tried it with multiple lights and the problem follows the charger) .

They finally agree with my diagnosis that it is the charger. "I have manually ordered a new charger for you. It should ship within 2 weeks. :wow:

LOLWUT? 2 weeks to ship out a simple spare part? Ugh. Not 2 weeks to get, 2 weeks for them to finally get off their butt and throw a spare part in a box and hand to the postman. And if it goes USPS domestically, that will probably be another 2 weeks with their incompetence. If it ships from the overseas factory, God help me. :):

Just wanted to get that out there. Decent lights at a decent price. But CS leaves a lot to be desired.
    Yeah thats a bit much. People really give Olight crap for their WML, but so far, this has been nice. I'm sure brands like Surefire do well with HARD use, but I doubt I'll ever see such scenarios with my casual trip to the range and it sitting in the corner waiting for a bump in the night. Modlites look really cool too, but $$$$.

Top Bottom