• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC1711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 9, 2018
    Auburn
    My neighbor was going through things and found 2 Weaver marksman scopes. One is in the original box including the plastic packing tray. The other does not have the box. Both have the factory mounts as they called them and are 4 power. The one in the box is at least 90% bluing or more, I haven't seen the other but he says they look identical. The swivel caps are still on the turrets.
    Just trying to get some back ground info on these like the years they were made and even what they cost back then. And of course interested to know if they have any collector interest and a possible value.
    I can remember having one of these as my first scope on my 22cal and it brought back some good memories of a time long gone by hunting with my dad. Any info would be appreciated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My neighbor was going through things and found 2 Weaver marksman scopes. One is in the original box including the plastic packing tray. The other does not have the box. Both have the factory mounts as they called them and are 4 power. The one in the box is at least 90% bluing or more, I haven't seen the other but he says they look identical. The swivel caps are still on the turrets.
    Just trying to get some back ground info on these like the years they were made and even what they cost back then. And of course interested to know if they have any collector interest and a possible value.
    I can remember having one of these as my first scope on my 22cal and it brought back some good memories of a time long gone by hunting with my dad. Any info would be appreciated.
    I just did some looking around on DuckDuckGo and it looks like the Marksman was pretty much their entry-level scope. They came in both fixed 4x and variable 3-9x from what I'm seeing. No real monetary collector's value. I've got a couple of old Weaver K4 scopes on old 22's just for the vintage look.

Top Bottom