• ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Picked up an old Ruger 22 auto standard with fixed sights for little $ and the rear is a little buggered up. Still useable but bugs me. Looked online and can’t find a replacement sight anywhere. Mark I target pistol sights will not fit (and then I would have to replace the front sight as well). Could easily spend more than I have in it and it has no significant value so want to avoid getting into a whole lot of work.
    TIA 6526B163-91FB-4577-B4F8-3A481E174E14.jpeg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    You might try calling Wirthein Guns, he deals with the Ruger Mark series pistols a lot.

From what I have read there are 2 different dovetail sizes for the Ruger Standards.

If you don't want to be bothered by that ugly sight I could be talked into easing your burden. :):

You may also want to check out the Rimfire central forum.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    No sight found. Did find a new bolt LOL
    Thanks for checking. I found one this afternoon on ebay. Pricey and comes with a tall front sight (they will not separate) so if anyone needs an early tall front sight for a ruger (target with adjustable rear sight?) you may have it.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Found one today LOL
    Mine does not have the screw so may not fit anyway. My understanding is they were always tweaking these pistols and there were several slightly different configurations of fixed sights on these, and a couple different size dovetails. I got lucky and the one that came seems to be a perfect match. FA14F251-00D9-49F6-B36B-F8E1A1D079DC.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom