• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The wife saw a buck behind the house eating persimmons the other night, so I set up the cuddeback to get a look at him. Had this on there this morning...
    CDY_0507.jpg

Went looking for the dropped shed and ended up finding them both! :rockwoot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwrajbTrU-Q

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    that's a sweet find! it's a little early, but sheds are starting to fall.
    it's not every day that you can find a shed, especially big solid sheds like that! :yesway:

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Buddy of mine shot a deer last night, thought it was a "big doe", was a buck that had just shed his horns as the bases were still bloody.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    Very nice find. Congrats. I have never seen tips grow like that. Anybody have an idea what would cause the "peckerhead"?
    I think trauma during growth causes stuff like that. knocking it against a tree or something and breaking the velvet It probably happened very close to when they shed velvet as its at the tip. funny looking though.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    hey greenedog where in Greene County are you?......looks like a buck i have caught on my cam.....this is a pic from last year i have one of him 12/05/12 but it's blurry....

ejx93a.jpg

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    that's a sweet find! it's a little early, but sheds are starting to fall.
    it's not every day that you can find a shed, especially big solid sheds like that! :yesway:

Smh... my dog finds sheads all the time.

2012-09-01_17-17-23_48.jpg

So far this is the best one. The rest where smaller minus the skull. He was happy with his find.

2012091895205204.jpg

Lol...

Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    hey greenedog where in Greene County are you?

I'm in the Jasonville area. We've got trailcam pics of long brow tined bucks going back quite a few years, but they always seen to allude us during season. Nice buck!

Nice find! Makes you wish you would have spent more time in the woods this season, eh?

YES! :D It's funny though, we got a few pics of this guy in September and then it's like he fell off the face of the Earth, and then he shows up at my doorstep in January! :rolleyes:

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    I'm in the Jasonville area. We've got trailcam pics of long brow tined bucks going back quite a few years, but they always seen to allude us during season. Nice buck!

YES! :D It's funny though, we got a few pics of this guy in September and then it's like he fell off the face of the Earth, and then he shows up at my doorstep in January! :rolleyes:

AHhhh, thats what keeps us hunting....

Top Bottom