• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I bought my first air rifle and got out to shoot tonight. What a blast! Completely new to this but looking forward to making a little reactive target station. Here is my sons first ever hole in paper using a red dot scope. It’s a stretch for him to keep a cheek on the stock and pull the trigger but he did it all himself.
    The gun is a Hatsan Flash Pup in .22. Very quiet.
    654B09AF-E600-4685-8C06-5C134799EEEE.jpeg

lkwan78

Plinker
    Jan 10, 2012
    I went from Fx wildcat, crown, impact mk2 and now I have m3 in .30 … I have more $ in my air rifle than my .223

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Nice job! I remember those days with my 2 boys. I dont know who enjoyed those times more.. Them or me.
    Cherish them.
    May 2021, I bought 1 break barrel spring powered rifle & was not impressed b/c I didn't know how to loosely hold the rifle when shooting.

In Oct. I ended up buying a break barrel spring powered pistol & was hooked.
    This led to buying 3 other pistols & a much better rifle.

My air guns have an average of $245 invested.
    My .22LR guns have an average of $470 invested.

With the .177/4.5mm & .22/5.5mm pellets costing significantly lower than .22LR, I don't mind the expense.
    I shoot 21' with the pistols at 1.75" circles & 75' with the rifles.

Rifle w/range pic.
    1.21.22 Pic of rifle wdifferent Hawke scope wAdjustable Parallax Objective.jpg Range 01.14.2022 25 yds with scope.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just cant shoot the springers, even letting them buck and go where they want to go, resting the front on a flat palm, etc.

I hope to one day have enough spare cash to get a good Benjamin PCP and compressor. Those things are great from what Ive seen.

OK, Ive had that much spare cash before, but just more important stuff to spend it on.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Congrats and great pic. Treasure those days. Thanks for sharing. Currently shoot a Crossman Nitro Piston in .22 cal. Good out to about 40 yards. Want to get a PCP sometime right now I'll live vicariously through others.

Love being able to shoot in the backyard and freak out the neighbors. No loud boom....
    Have fun be safe.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    That's Flashpup is a PCP right? Did you really spend big, and buy a compressor and stuff for it?
    No I purchased a 3 stage hand pump to start with. Compressor would be nice but I couldn’t afford everything at once. Yes the flash pup is a PCP and I am getting a lots of shots before it drops to 100 bar. Still trying to figure out ammo weight and style.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ok, never mind...

Last year, 4500 psi tanks were $65-70. Now, they're close to $200! On to suggestion plan B...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nothing is cheap anymore!!! Two years ago, I bought this from Amazon for $299.
    Amazon product ASIN B0819ZH85H
    After about 6 months of abuse, it died. I actually mistreated it by filling paintball tanks which took it well past its cycle time. I contacted the company, and they sent me a new one free of charge.

jdeanp

Plinker
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    You can get a "good enough" Gamo from MidwayUSA when they do their refurb sales about once a year. $75 for a .22 was some of the most fun per $ I've spent, and it helped clear a lot of pigeons off the calf feed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You can get a "good enough" Gamo from MidwayUSA when they do their refurb sales about once a year. $75 for a .22 was some of the most fun per $ I've spent, and it helped clear a lot of pigeons off the calf feed.
    I started out with air guns with this Umarex Octane picked up used here on INGO for $100
    ($275ish new back in May 2021).
    1652407470437.png

Last edited:

jdeanp

Plinker
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    I started out with air guns with this Umarex Octane...
    My starter is hands down the ugliest launcher of projectiles I own, but it's a blast to shoot. Multiple family members enjoy shooting targets from off the porch, or keeping squirrels out of the bird seed.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I really like 10 meter rifle. The old Feinwerkenbau with Anshultz sights is still amazing. Mine is 50 years old and needs seals about every 8-10 years. Once you get past the toy store pellet rifles, they start to get really good, and really expensive. Get a good air rifle in your hands and you soon realize the rifle is better than you can ever be.

have fun!

Top Bottom