• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indiana is one of them. Take note, this may be what the new country looks like if we find a need to secede from the union and reform another country.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    If you look at it, the left pretty much owns the coasts, with a very few state exceptions. If they have their way, the red states will be surrounded and cut off from trade and goods for everyday life if there is a secession. They are also working their way around the southwest, which will cut off the southern border with Mexico. They also have most of the Northern border states, but not Idaho, Montana or North Dakota, which is a big geographical area that trade goods could move into from Canada. The few Red states in the northeast are already cut off from the rest of the red states, so they will be on their own. It might work if there are open trade routes from Canada and deep water ports in the gulf, but without that, any secession will be doomed to failure. I can see an attempted secession in my lifetime, but the .gov will never allow it to happen as the tax and voter base for them will be cut almost in half.
    JM2C, YMMV.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Does anyone really think that any kind of secession will A) ever take place for real and B ) ever allowed to take place?
    Hopefully we haven't all given up on...y'know....the Constitution. Believe it or not, in our system of government, we actually have the right to influence and even change the direction of government....if we are willing to draw people to our side rather than making enemies of all who don't pass our purity tests.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Personally I don't see anything like secession, last time it didn't work out well. Somebody would have to sell a lot more people on the idea. Leaders like John Calhoun managed to link slavery to states rights pulling in way more people in the south that didn't own slaves. Issues favoring secession today are more diverse and less geographical.

I take some comfort in remembering just how bad the late 70s were and how it turned around. That said, my fear is that the whole country will go through something like the French revolution, or 1984 followed by the French revolution.

Always follow the money

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Personally I don't see anything like secession, last time it didn't work out well. Somebody would have to sell a lot more people on the idea. Leaders like John Calhoun managed to link slavery to states rights pulling in way more people in the south that didn't own slaves. Issues favoring secession today are more diverse and less geographical.

I take some comfort in remembering just how bad the late 70s were and how it turned around. That said, my fear is that the whole country will go through something like the French revolution, or 1984 followed by the French revolution.

Always follow the money
    QFT, this is my fear. The next "civil war" won't be like the last. It will be Rhodesia, Somalia, or worse.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Does anyone really think that any kind of secession will A) ever take place for real and B ) ever allowed to take place?

Yes, because it is inevitable and necessary for the development and advancement of the country.

The longer the delusion continues that a city 2000 miles away has the same needs from a government as a rural farm town in the heartland, the longer we keep spiraling into the ground. It can happen the hard way through a collapse or people can start taking measures to achieve it politically before a collapse.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    QFT, this is my fear. The next "civil war" won't be like the last. It will be Rhodesia, Somalia, or worse.

No, it'll be relatively uneventful and mostly political. If we wound up with a kinetic civil war there wouldn't be anything left, and everyone realizes this, so it won't be allowed to get to that point.

I'd say a complete and total collapse of basically everything would happen well ahead of a kinetic civil war.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No, it'll be relatively uneventful and mostly political. If we wound up with a kinetic civil war there wouldn't be anything left, and everyone realizes this, so it won't be allowed to get to that point.

I'd say a complete and total collapse of basically everything would happen well ahead of a kinetic civil war.
    I'd say they would go hand in hand.

Top Bottom