• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Stoned out of gourd, fails even simple requests...bad decision day. In the end he's well outnumbered and thinks laying on the floor of the ER is a strong play.

Maybe "thinks" is too strong of a word.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pretty clear cut, officers did a good job and should be commended. They treated this man well up until the point where he presented a danger and then they acted appropriately.

kinda surprised they didn’t do a cursory search before he got in the ambulance though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I see no problem with this logic.
    In fact, this is the outcome I expect.
    Yes. I agree. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

And on a slightly related note, sad that some people are so hell bent on the cops not shooting anyone, they make claims like "the officers shouldnt draw until the perp points a gun at them." or "not all traffic stops need armed officers." Oh really? And how, pray tell, do you decide which stop isnt going to end in a gunfight, and which one is? How many unarmed cops need to die because somebody decided that it was safe to pull over a car with an unknown occupant and the occupant of the vehicle guns down an unarmed officer?

Do they REALLY think about the realities of what they suggest?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Looks like they blew that initial pat-down before loading him in the amberlamps.

Limp-wrist shot totally screwed that officer's gun and he would have been dead if the suspect had stood up and turned around. Lucky break getting that first shot on him.

He's also displaying a pretty common behavior from videos like this: Saying "sir" and pleading and whining about how hard he's trying to comply, while actually not complying at all.

It's difficult to see but you can hear it, he absolutely snaps off a shot at the cops after the taser deployment and that's what prompts them to swiss-cheese him. So his entire whining wounded bird routine was an act.

Pretty alarming to watch him go from sleepy heroin nod to hulkout in an instant. That's a lesson, drugged-up people can turn on a dime.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Not my line of work, but I am sort of baffled that there five or six cops there, and one of them was all by himself rasslin' that guy on the floor while the rest of the stood around pointing guns and tasers? I would think the guy on the floor would have appreciated a couple of the others jumping on board. Or were they all afraid of getting Chauvinized?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another takeaway from this and some observations on live pd. It always seems like these people wait until the wrong moment to begin resisting. I mean seriously, leaned against a bed, in the hospital, cop on each side, several more close by? That’s not a good time to decide your gonna throw down. That fights already over before it started, only question is how many people end up hurt?

not advocating for anyone to resist the police arresting them, just pointing out that if your gonna do it, at least pick the right time.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    A lot to digest here. Hindsight is 20/20, but the officers were definitely lucky this didn't go farther south. Hard lessons.

Gear related: A hard time correcting that malfunction. He really had to rip the mag out. His tap, rack failed given the duress I imagine. Hard to see on my phone; M&P or Sig?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Another takeaway from this and some observations on live pd. It always seems like these people wait until the wrong moment to begin resisting. I mean seriously, leaned against a bed, in the hospital, cop on each side, several more close by? That’s not a good time to decide your gonna throw down. That fights already over before it started, only question is how many people end up hurt?

not advocating for anyone to resist the police arresting them, just pointing out that if your gonna do it, at least pick the right time.
    The dude was probably hopping the cops wouldn't find his gun, that I assume he's carrying illegally.

I don't think he had plans to fight until the cops found the gun.
    And yeah at that time it's better not to fight.

Also you're assuming this guy can think clearly.

You also have folks with real mental problems who want to get shot (suicide by cops) who will draw a gun even when dozens of cops are pointing guns at them.

What they do doesn't have to make sense to you or to most non-crazy people.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I posted it in the chauvin trial thread the other night.

One absurdly ridiculous situation. Cops should be protesting having to put up with such nonsense.

Not my line of work, but I am sort of baffled that there five or six cops there, and one of them was all by himself rasslin' that guy on the floor while the rest of the stood around pointing guns and tasers? I would think the guy on the floor would have appreciated a couple of the others jumping on board. Or were they all afraid of getting Chauvinized?

The perp had already fired shots off, nobody wants to end up with more holes than they were born with if avoidable.
    The real shame is that he wasn't put out of his misery the second he decided to fire a gun in an ER at cops, with all those people around who could be killed by the gunfire.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The perp had already fired shots off, nobody wants to end up with more holes than they were born with if avoidable.
    So they just stand there and watch the cop on the floor get holes in him instead while shouting commands?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Few things:

1) The verbally stating your complying while actually not is very common. It's priming onlookers to be sympathetic to the suspect and trying to gain an edge on the cops as the "mental friction" of the mismatch of actions and words takes processing power in the brain to resolve.

2) When someone's arm is under them, that's a *great* use for the baton. Use it as a lever. Slide the baton in the crook of their elbow, put the tip on the ground/bed/sofa, whatever, and lever the arm out. Even really strong doped up guys can be overwhelmed with leverage and you'll get the arm out.

3) Drive stuns are prohibited at more and more places because what you see happen happens. The Taser in drive stun is purely pain compliance. Deploy the probes, get muscles to lock up, maybe a different out come.

4) I get everyone is hyped up. One officer gives commands, everyone else shuts up. One, talking takes mental processing power. You slow your reaction time, not by a lot but measurably, while you're talking. Two, the odds of giving conflicting commands are zero when only one guy is giving commands. As the sergeant on scene, I always designate one guy as 'voice' and it's never me.

5) Got to practice those malfunction drills. Lock the slide back or it stays locked up.

6) I know revolvers will get you kilt in the streetz, but malfunctions in entangled gun fights, especially with hasty grips, happen much more often then regular ol' get a good grip and fire shooting ever does. Revolvers mitigate that.

Top Bottom