• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    ****ing leftist thinking. "We could give you a transplant which may save your life but we refuse unless you take the jab. Because you're likely to get hit harder if you contract Covid, and die."

Better to die needing a transplant which was refused than to die from Covid. I guess. It's hilarious they're discussing ethics, as if they have any idea what those are.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've never understood how the Hatch Act doesn't keep the POTUS, or any other federal official from campaigning for other offices within their party. Seems like anytime a federal employee campaigns for anyone, it should be a violation of the Hatch Act. But they all do it. I know that I, as a federal employee, can't so much as wear a campaign button for my official of choice. Very much a "rules for thee, not for me" situation.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've never understood how the Hatch Act doesn't keep the POTUS, or any other federal official from campaigning for other offices within their party. Seems like anytime a federal employee campaigns for anyone, it should be a violation of the Hatch Act. But they all do it. I know that I, as a federal employee, can't so much as wear a campaign button for my official of choice. Very much a "rules for thee, not for me" situation.

It doesn't apply to the officeholder. It was intended to keep the officeholder from forcing and abusing their staff to campaign for them. Staff the taxpayers pay for.

But, there is like us reason few if any have been charged under this, it likely is unconstitutional.

Even with the deep state against Trump, if government employee Ivanca was charged for campaigning for her father would it stick? I don't think so, and they know it, so they never charge anyone and play politics with a law they passed, but won't use because it will be put down...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It doesn't apply to the officeholder. It was intended to keep the officeholder from forcing and abusing their staff to campaign for them. Staff the taxpayers pay for.

But, there is like us reason few if any have been charged under this, it likely is unconstitutional.

Even with the deep state against Trump, if government employee Ivanca was charged for campaigning for her father would it stick? I don't think so, and they know it, so they never charge anyone and play politics with a law they passed, but won't use because it will be put down...
    We get an email at work in advance of any election season. I'm guessing that if we were back in the office, they wouldn't let us wear a "Let's Go Brandon" t-shirt on casual Friday. :lmfao:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The Hatch Act is another toothless law that never gets enforced or prosecuted. It only gets mentioned for political purposes. Dems accused Kellyanne Conway of violating it numerous times during her time in the White House with President Trump but that never went anywhere either.

Top Bottom