DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In!

You should be able to find a parts diagram online and look up what the part is called. I do it all the time for the hubby....
    I think it's part 33 in this diagram but they're calling it a "quick lock pin". But 32 is the pin... 33 is a lever.

AriAssembly.slt

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    [h=2]Who Posted?[/h]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    From the looks of it, that appears to be weldable, but on something like that (failing round around a hole) I'd normally err on the side of a replacement part... unless it's like $90 or something. $30? Yeah, I'd do it.

Sounds like you need to get some tools or take a reduction in man card points :lmfao:

Ouchtown, Bro. Population: DoggyDaddy

We already talked him into a grinder today! :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK that’s good. Just trying to help.
    Sounds like you need to get some tools or take a reduction in man card points :lmfao:

And I appreciate the offer and advice! If you saw my garage, you'd realize just how little room I have for proper tools... even little ones! :): Seriously though, there is so little room around that pin that I'm not sure how I would get it out even with the proper punch. I tried a regular punch (same size as pin so I wouldn't be "expanding" it), but I've got about 1 or 2 inches to "swing" a hammer. Hard to build up much force in that little bit of a swing. A firm tap is about all I can manage, and that ain't budging it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the looks of it, that appears to be weldable, but on something like that (failing round around a hole) I'd normally err on the side of a replacement part... unless it's like $90 or something. $30? Yeah, I'd do it.

Ouchtown, Bro. Population: DoggyDaddy

We already talked him into a grinder today! :)

Yeah, I may end up going with a replacement part, but hopefully it can be welded.

And yeah CM! I got me a grinder today dammit! :p

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Howdy Sam and red!

I think I'm gonna take a nap. Gonna miss the first part of the race, but at least I'll catch part of it and the Colts game later.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    And I appreciate the offer and advice! If you saw my garage, you'd realize just how little room I have for proper tools... even little ones! :): Seriously though, there is so little room around that pin that I'm not sure how I would get it out even with the proper punch. I tried a regular punch (same size as pin so I wouldn't be "expanding" it), but I've got about 1 or 2 inches to "swing" a hammer. Hard to build up much force in that little bit of a swing. A firm tap is about all I can manage, and that ain't budging it.

Not knowing anything about your particular tractor... Usually you can pull the seat/fenders (and likely fuel tank too) with just a few bolts and then have decent access to "things". Might have to pull the tire on that side to get enough room for a good swing. If it's the frame that's in your way, then you're probably going to have to drive the pin from the other side (thus necessitating the removal of the fenders too).

Also of note, for years and years (and still to this day to a lesser extent) I stored a bunch of my tools in rubbermade totes in the basement, shed, etc until I had more space. I've had totes of tools stored in the living room before too. Honeybadger it on out if you have to. No F's given, tools come first.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You may have to pull the box out to get the access you need and yes #33 is the part.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not knowing anything about your particular tractor... Usually you can pull the seat/fenders (and likely fuel tank too) with just a few bolts and then have decent access to "things". Might have to pull the tire on that side to get enough room for a good swing. If it's the frame that's in your way, then you're probably going to have to drive the pin from the other side (thus necessitating the removal of the fenders too).

Also of note, for years and years (and still to this day to a lesser extent) I stored a bunch of my tools in rubbermade totes in the basement, shed, etc until I had more space. I've had totes of tools stored in the living room before too. Honeybadger it on out if you have to. No F's given, tools come first.

I've got the rear tire off and the mower is up on jack stands. See when it comes to having to take off 10 other things to get to the one thing I need to replace, that's when I usually turn to people that know what they're doing. My mower guy will likely know, and I'll gladly pay him. He's a fireman but used to work in a mower shop and just does this on the side now. He's real reasonable too, especially compared to a shop, and he makes house calls. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom