• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Steve Kinser threw a big slider on my dad at Eldora once and after the race dad asked him “how did you know I was going to back off and let you in”?

Steve shrugged and said “I don’t know”. Dad said “next time, I won’t”. It was the last slide job Steve Kinser ever pulled on Gary Bettenhausen. Steve later called dad the greatest non-wing sprint car driver of all time, or something to that effect.

I know I might sound like an old fuddy-duddfy bitching about roll cages replacing rollbars but the cars are so damned safe these days nobody treats each other with the respect they used to. It’s all about slide jobs now.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Steve Kinser threw a big slider on my dad at Eldora once and after the race dad asked him “how did you know I was going to back off and let you in”?

Steve shrugged and said “I don’t know”. Dad said “next time, I won’t”. It was the last slide job Steve Kinser ever pulled on Gary Bettenhausen. Steve later called dad the greatest non-wing sprint car driver of all time, or something to that effect.

I know I might sound like an old fuddy-duddfy bitching about roll cages replacing rollbars but the cars are so damned safe these days nobody treats each other with the respect they used to. It’s all about slide jobs now.
    I totally agree. I promise I’m one of the most old school people out there that’s only in his 30s. Definitely no thoughts of being an old fuddy dud from me.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Anyone going to circle city this Friday?
    I'm hoping to make it. My wife really wants to go but isn't sure she ready for a full night at the track after her recent back surgery. I hope she's ready soon since we are going to Gas City next Thursday and then we're off to Eldora for 4Crown weekend.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I rode over to Eldora for the Four Crown Nationals last weekend. Even with two hoodies, a windbreaker and an undershirt it was still damn cold coming home Saturday night! Only one other rider there that I saw and by the looks of his well-traveled V-Strom in the background, He was much better prepared for the trip than I was.

Attachments

• CF92D1EA-7332-4591-BCF4-8BD43B92DCC2.jpeg
      CF92D1EA-7332-4591-BCF4-8BD43B92DCC2.jpeg
      3.4 MB · Views: 4

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I love dirt track racing... and I have had my share of gritty teeth and mud in my eye. But the stories I have heard of people breathing that mixaroo of bad air inside the Tulsa Expo Center makes me happy to just watch it from home. Guess I'm just too old for that cocktail.
    Hope our Indiana boys do well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Monday, Jan. 10 Cummins Night Schedule

6 a.m Building opens (Must have ticket or pit pass to enter grandstands or pits)
    7 a.m Open practice (all cars)
    10 a.m.-7 p.m Trade Show
    3 p.m Drivers draw for heat starting positions at chalkboard
    4 p.m Driver’s Meeting
    5 p.m Hot laps (by heat race group)
    6 p.m Heat Races (est. 8-10 races, 8 laps each)
    7:15 p.m Vacuworx Race of Champions Hot Laps & Qualifying
    7:40 p.m D Main Races (2 races, TBA to back of corresponding C Main)
    8 p.m C Main Races (2 raciness, Top 4 to back of corresponding B Main)
    8:30 p.m A Qualifier Races (4 races, top 16 in combined passing points to A, balance to Twin Bs)
    9 p.m Track Maintenance
    9:15 p.m Vacuworx Race of Champions (25 laps)
    9:45 p.m B Main Races (Top 4 to A—15 laps each)
    10:20 p.m A Feature Starts (24 cars-30 laps)
    10:30 p.m Curfew
    Midnight Building closes

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I’ll get some… three DRC’s with 410 Mopar and Chevy power. I love Davey and the guys I work with… Some of the best days of my life have spent with these guys. And that’s the best part about racing.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    271820793_2969195030008324_5901613943229355486_n.jpg

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Heat #3 is going to be fun. Look for Kaylee Bryson to win her heat and maybe have an outside chance of locking into Saturday's A main.
    Actually heat 7.
    I thought it kinda sucked the two Brownsburg guys stuck in same heat.
    Anybody know how many transfer out of these heats? Never paid that much attention to the way this thing is ran.

Matt

Top Bottom