• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have you thought about the outdoor woodburners, they can heat your whole house, and they hook up to your furnace and can heat your hot water too!
    Not THAT serious. Just looking for something to supplement on the coldest 2-3 months of the year.

Plus we are in a neighborhood, and dont want to tie up more real estate in our already cramped back yard.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Have you thought about the outdoor woodburners, they can heat your whole house, and they hook up to your furnace and can heat your hot water too!
    This. My new project house has a burner like this. My Insurance guy said its a huge plus over an in the house unit.

Your idea is do-able (insurance and code willing) but the first floor would still be substantially warmer. I think kicking on the circulation fan on your home HVAC would do a much better job of dispersing the heat, Especially if its anywhere near the intake. Also im not a wood stove expert, my experience is somewhat limited. I do know a pellet stove would be my choice for supplemental heat though.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Im on my first year with my conventional outdoor wood boiler and love it. Burned inside for years and got tired of it so moved outside. Yes it burns a LOT of wood but I have infinite ash trees for years to come.

rebarguyindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Spencer, IN
    No expert here, but a wood stove inside the home would be a better setup in a grid down situation. The wood stove would still radiate heat without a blower. The outdoor wood burner would require power for pumps and blowers etc. to get the heat into the home. I agree in normal times outdoor units are pretty nice, you can even heat a detached garage and home with one properly sized unit.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I actually had the same idea. The layout of my house is a bit strange, and where I would like a stove I would have to run the pipe through an upstairs room. My second choice I could pipe it out a wall but I don't really want to do that because of where it would be and looks. Third option is to take out my wife's closet and if I did that...:bat::abused: But now that I'm thinking about it, it would be the perfect spot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I actually had the same idea. The layout of my house is a bit strange, and where I would like a stove I would have to run the pipe through an upstairs room. My second choice I could pipe it out a wall but I don't really want to do that because of where it would be and looks. Third option is to take out my wife's closet and if I did that...:bat::abused: But now that I'm thinking about it, it would be the perfect spot.
    She would just take over any space you have. It is the way of things.

Top Bottom