• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If I recall, the sensational claim of the time wasn't "The Fed.Gov blew up the levees." It was "Bush Blew Up the Levees."

I cannot speak for any group, but I can look at facts and data, and draw conclusions. The above-referenced 90+% voting rate is not just statistically significant. It's statistically overwhelming. It requires an explanation. It cannot just be. No other group in America rewards one party with such unalloyed loyalty.
    It appears you have abandoned your original “Black people like the Federal Govt,” argument, and moved on to a “Black people like Democrats” statement. Wise. Your original argument was pretty weak. You recognized that, and tried for an easier kick.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It appears you have abandoned your original “Black people like the Federal Govt,” argument, and moved on to a “Black people like Democrats” statement. Wise. Your original argument was pretty weak. You recognized that, and tried for an easier kick.
    No, I was implying something. Saying "African Americans like Democrats" is not the end of the line. You have to go further, and be curious as to why. There has to be a "reason" black folks like Democrats. That kind of statistical behavior is not for nothing. Do you agree with me that far? There has to be something different about the donkey which resonates with them.

It's not because they like gun control.

It's not because they like abortion, uncontrolled immigration, or want six dollar gas.

It's not because they think Corporal Klinger on MASH was an equivalent civil rights icon to Rosa Parks.

So what is it?

For my part, I am making the historically and factually (I think) unobjectionable assertion that, A) black folks as a group have historically benefited from the interventions of the Federal Government, B) they have a pretty well-formed idea in their minds of "who" in government was responsible for those interventions, and C) they reward that intervention by giving their votes, in wholly lopsided fashion, to the Party which continues to make a passionate and full-throated case for further and even stronger, beneficial Fed.Gov involvements in peoples' lives. In general, they're a fan of government intervention, they want more of it, and they go with both the Party, and the Candidate within that Party, which they think has the best chance of delivering that.

If there does exist any principled, libertarian small-government ethic in their political beliefs, it simply cannot be discerned, by any reasonable person, from any observation of their voting behavior.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No. Hitler was not subject to the Constitution.

Yes he was.
    After the Reichstag fire they put through the enabling act of 1933, and then he was effectively no longer bound by the constitution.

Not much different from when a mass shooting happens and politicians immediately call for the revocation of the people's basic civil rights.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Just remember... Oblama gave us BLM, ISIS, ANTIFA, Occupy Wall Street.

He even sent his Attorney General, Eric Holder, to the Michael Brown funeral as if it was of national importance.
    Everyone forgot that "the boy", Michael Brown, had committed a felony, robbing a gas station, just before attacking the cop, trying to take his handgun.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just remember... Oblama gave us BLM, ISIS, ANTIFA, Occupy Wall Street.

He even sent his Attorney General, Eric Holder, to the Michael Brown funeral as if it was of national importance.
    Everyone forgot that "the boy", Michael Brown, had committed a felony, robbing a gas station, just before attacking the cop, trying to take his handgun.
    Don't forget ACORN being involved in Obama's launch, Trayvon Martin's case where Obama jumped in with both feet/no facts, or the police and the professor where he jumped in with both feet/no facts leading up to the infamous beer summit.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That's not really much of a statement. And I see your attempted dodge. You shifted the goalposts by changing the motif to: do black people "trust" the Federal Government.

But I never said anything about "trust." I asserted they "like" the Federal Government.

Now, they may not "trust" it to actually deliver what they want, at a given time, depending who is in control. And I alluded to this, with the point about black folks seeing the F.Gov like a "gun" which can do well or ill, depending on who's wielding it, and that the benefits outweigh the cons. But over a long period of time, there is no reasonable question as to whether they like it. They vote 90+% democrat like the sun coming up. That is the voting behavior of a group of people who sees the F.Gov as a net benefit to them over time. It's like an unreliable boyfriend they can't trust...but also can't leave.
    You are applying a color filter where it does not necessarily belong. There are folks of all colors who think the .GOV is here for their benefit. Whichever party or powerful douchebag gives them the biggest present/gift/handout gets their vote.
    As long as they feel like somebody else is paying for it, they don't care who gives it to them.
    Don't remember if it was Jefferson or Franklin who made the remark about when people figure out they can vote themselves a paycheck, the republic is doomed. But he was right.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You are applying a color filter where it does not necessarily belong. There are folks of all colors who think the .GOV is here for their benefit. Whichever party or powerful douchebag gives them the biggest present/gift/handout gets their vote.
    As long as they feel like somebody else is paying for it, they don't care who gives it to them.
    Don't remember if it was Jefferson or Franklin who made the remark about when people figure out they can vote themselves a paycheck, the republic is doomed. But he was right.
    It was Franklin. Karl Marx would later say the same.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There is no doubt people of all stripes love them some Federal Government.

White people, however, seem to occasionally circumvent their own "self interest," and allow their voting preferences to get clouded up by other considerations.

But one group repeatedly navigates with unerring precision to the democrat voting lever, at a 90+% rate, election after election, decade after decade. And there has to be a reason for that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom