Obama: Radioactive plume heading for North America is not harmful; Do not prepare

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was going to look into lead lined suits to protect myself from this death cloud, but then I read about the dangers of lead, so I decided to dig a hole and build an underground bunker but read about radon coming from the ground, so I decided to run to NASA and sneak aboard a supply ship to the International Space Station to get above the cloud of death, but then read about how much radiation the astronauts get during normal space travel, so I decided to do nothing and just let life take it's course since there really is nothing I can do about life except pay my taxes and die.

Didn't feel like hitting the purple key, too stressed out about watching glowing rain.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I'm sure if Snookie would just sleep with "The Situation" for once, everyone would forget about this radiation mumbo jumbo, and we could go on with our normal lives ;)

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Actually a little radiation might be good for you. Theres a theory known as Radiation Hormesis it was identified a some time ago. I really don't think particles floating to the US from Japan are going to amount to anything much, probably much less than we are exposed to at any time. In either case you get a lot more radiation then you probably think every day.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Actually a little radiation might be good for you. Theres a theory known as Radiation Hormesis it was identified a some time ago. I really don't think particles floating to the US from Japan are going to amount to anything much, probably much less than we are exposed to at any time. In either case you get a lot more radiation then you probably think every day.

I was reading that people who are exposed to higher than levels considered dangerous, but not too high, actually have lower incidence of certain kinds of cancer.

I guess that's what people mean by a healthy glow.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I was reading that people who are exposed to higher than levels considered dangerous, but not too high, actually have lower incidence of certain kinds of cancer.

I guess that's what people mean by a healthy glow.
    Was that found in TSA Today? :):

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Was that found in TSA Today? :):

Yep, in the new health section. Actually the TSA is part of the Obamacare implementation. Go through screening and get an free X-Ray, and a free breast exam. Mention blowing up the plane and you get a free colonoscopy.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Yep, in the new health section. Actually the TSA is part of the Obamacare implementation. Go through screening and get an free X-Ray, and a free breast exam. Mention blowing up the plane and you get a free colonoscopy.
    :laugh: that is full of win!!!

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    just get yourself some whole foods vitimans it has the necessary dose of iodine from kelp you need to protect you and there isn't any side effects. plus people don't realize this so there is no shortages of whole foods vitamins and your local health food store.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    What if California becomes a land of unnatural mutants?

You mean like turning into normal people and Nancy Pelosi becoming a rabid far right wing conservative who has joined the Tea Party. Oh the horror of it all! The inhumanity!

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's been 3 days since the OP. I've been in my bunker watching the NCAA and playing StarCraft II. How many of you guys made it? I'm almost out of my stockpile of Doritos. Is it safe to come out?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It's been 3 days since the OP. I've been in my bunker watching the NCAA and playing StarCraft II. How many of you guys made it? I'm almost out of my stockpile of Doritos. Is it safe to come out?

No! Everything's glowing with faint green hue. The dead are crawling from their graves and Godzilla has been spotted off the coast of Japan. For goodness sake stay put! Luckily for you Domino's is still delivering.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Pretty neat article listed below that cuts through all the BS surrounding this Nuclear reactor situation. The picture this guy paints has shown that once again this is the "State of Fear" taking over. They have to have something to keep us afraid...right now it's Nuclear Reactors / Libya.

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation BraveNewClimate

If you go back to his main page, he explains all the updates through today. Hell, the two worst reactors initially are already hooked back up to the electrical grid. (Using power for cooling, not producing power). I think we should applaud not only the fact that the Japanese averted disaster, but for the 40 year old GE designed reactors. They were designed for a 5.7m tsunami and an 8.0 earthquake. They withstood a 14m tsunami and a 9.0 earthquake. I say good job. The isotopes they release to the atmosphere have half-lives of seconds rather than long enough to blow over to us. The stupid media has to aggrandize everything.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom