NWI INGO/Winamac DNR Youth Day - Saturday, July 30, 2022 (WE ARE BACK!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have an AR and SCAR in 5.56/223 that can be used as well as an AK in 7.62x39
    For the display I can help there too depending on the theme.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have the INGO banner. Who wants it so you can have it at the youth event? If no one takes it I will be disposing of it. @2A_Tom had me pick it up to take to the last M&E and would not take it back.

I also have 6,000 rounds of .22 ammo for the event that needs to go to someone who will be attending. I will not be there.

Indiana DNR has not even a knowledged my email asking what they do with with the info they collect on the CERVIS form.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have the INGO banner. Who wants it so you can have it at the youth event? If no one takes it I will be disposing of it. @2A_Tom had me pick it up to take to the last M&E and would not take it back.

I also have 6,000 rounds of .22 ammo for the event that needs to go to someone who will be attending. I will not be there.

Indiana DNR has not even a knowledged my email asking what they do with with the info they collect on the CERVIS form.
    Need to know who gets this stuff? Anyone?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    @jedi Any updates? Not looking good on the volunteer count at this point. Don't wanna start soliciting donations if we don't have the minimum needed

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Took me awhile to remember where the link was.
    To save people the trouble

Phone # and email "required".

Umm, really?
    So I guess Dad isn't going then, no email.
    And I don't really give out my number or email, or rarely do, so...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Like a stupid sheeple I filled out their form, but I am feeling like this will not happen unless we change to a 2A venue.

Why yes, yes I am saying that indiana DNR is not.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Took me awhile to remember where the link was.
    To save people the trouble

Phone # and email "required".

Umm, really?
    So I guess Dad isn't going then, no email.
    And I don't really give out my number or email, or rarely do, so...
    It's sad to say, but I too will not be participating because of this. I mean we had to bend over backwards already when we submited to the background check and all for not only our license to carry a handgun, but we continue to be subjected to one on a national level every single time we purchase a firearm.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Recieved 6k rounds and the INGO banner from marvin02

@jedi Any more info on volunteers? We are seriously lacking at this point it seems.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I have a few trips down south coming up in the next couple months for a mule train, but I've been waiting to proceed.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Perhaps non participation is what the DNR needs to see to get rid of these ridiculous rules.
    This is a win either way for the DNR. If it is a success and they get a bunch of new volunteers in their system they will take the credit. If it's dies because they placed too many restrictions/rules in the way they throw up their hands and say, "We tried."

My understanding is that this is an INGO event, not a DNR event. They seem to want to take over but do little to help.

I'd be interested in @jedi commenting on this and others who have participated previously.

BTW, has anyone cleared the use of the INGO name with @texkev?

If the organizer of this wants to contact either Michigan City Rifle Club or North Porter County Conservation Club about holding it there the contact info is on their web sites. MCRC has an active 4H chapter that could possibly be involved.

Who is in charge of this? I don't see @jedi being active here.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This is a win either way for the DNR. If it is a success and they get a bunch of new volunteers in their system they will take the credit. If it's dies because they placed too many restrictions/rules in the way they throw up their hands and say, "We tried."

My understanding is that this is an INGO event, not a DNR event. They seem to want to take over but do little to help.

I'd be interested in @jedi commenting on this and others who have participated previously.

BTW, has anyone cleared the use of the INGO name with @texkev?

If the organizer of this wants to contact either Michigan City Rifle Club or North Porter County Conservation Club about holding it there the contact info is on their web sites. MCRC has an active 4H chapter that could possibly be involved.

Who is in charge of this? I don't see @jedi being active here.
    I think this was always a DNR event. If I remember correctly I think they approached us to assist in an event that became what it is now. They just came to us because we used the range in mass, and donated a lot to them. After we left they would 100% have to change the boards. Many boards died to get us to that point.

1648747315785.png

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As I remember, one of the other sites had a similar event and Winimac wanted to do one too. They reached out to us, because at that time we had monthly get togethers there with upwards of 30+ people. They have put restrictions and rules around it more and more and driven more of us away from the event.

Jedi can give more precise details.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom