NWI INGO/Winamac DNR Youth Day - Saturday, July 30, 2022 (WE ARE BACK!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just went to the volunteer sign up page again a few minutes ago.

There are no links to any privacy policy on the site where you fill out a volunteer profile. There are no links to any information about how your personal info is used. I emailed them with questions about this and received no reply.

Not all background checks are created equal. My employer wanted me to submit info to a firm that was contracted to one of our clients. The company doing the background check was a foreign company that had many privacy issues. I opted out of work for that client. DNR won't even tell you who they use to do the background check. I wonder why that is?

The volunteer portal appears to be completely separate from the access Indiana log in you have to do for a fishing or hunting license online, it isn't mentioned in the list of sites covered by the privacy notice for access Indiana.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just signed up at cervis. Put me down for just about anything but shotgun. I'll bring a scoped 10/22 and probably some ammo, unsure of amount.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Long time no chat. I most likely will not be able to attend. But I will dust off our family day Facebook page and update with a tentative date for this years event. I will try to check in regularly to see the likely hood of this event happening to update the Facebook page and it’s 492 followers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Long time no chat. I most likely will not be able to attend. But I will dust off our family day Facebook page and update with a tentative date for this years event. I will try to check in regularly to see the likely hood of this event happening to update the Facebook page and it’s 492 followers.

Not looking like this event is gonna happen. Lack of volunteers, unfortunately :tantrum:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Not looking like this event is gonna happen. Lack of volunteers, unfortunately :tantrum:
    Yeah that’s what it seems like. I’ve had a few people message me on the Facebook page asking about it. So just figured I’d put the date out there as tentative, trying to work out details and whatnot. Saying that future updates would come later.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Any more volunteers?
    At this time we only have 10 confirmed of which 2 are support (reloading & ammo runner). So that leaves us with 8 which is not enough for all the stations. We could maybe handle the 50 yard but that would be it.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Any more volunteers?
    At this time we only have 10 confirmed of which 2 are support (reloading & ammo runner). So that leaves us with 8 which is not enough for all the stations. We could maybe handle the 50 yard but that would be it.
    Maybe cut the event back to what we can support?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wish I could volunteer. Unfortunately due to physical limitations related to health issues I cannot. Sorry guys.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    FWIW, I was at the Winamac range this AM shooting. Got to talking to the RO Dan. We got to talking about this very event. I was telling him that based on what I was seeing here on INGO. INGO volunteers might be kind of light this year for various reasons. He indicated that if the volunteers are few, then they would probably just cut back on shooting stations and continue on as best they can? Of course he said ultimately it is not his call? Again...just some FYI.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    With only 10 volunteers DNR has advised they will cancel the event as they do not want to do a partial event.

Everyone the registered in CERVIS will not have to do that for future events as your profile will remain.

Thank you to all that registered and were willing to volunteer.

Look at the NWI INGO STATUS update thread for a possible solution for future events.

@MODS can you lock this thread.
    Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom