NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Anyone here use Amazon Alexa or Echo devices in their home? Looking to use some sort of 'smart' device to dim lights and other fun stuff. Just curious what your experiences are with these "smart devices" and if you find them useful, convenient, etc.

Not planning to replace my thermostat, alarm, etc. Just fun stuff like lights.
    We've started. My wife got a couple of Echos a couple of years ago. I have it integrated with a Wemo outlet and an Ecobee thermostat now. We'll be adding more in the near future.

It's works well. Obviously, everything you get to run stuff will have to be connected to your network, so you'll need to make sure you have good wireless coverage wherever you want to run things.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I already have a commercial grade camera system, but I'll be looking at adding a 2 way audio Alexa compatible door camera on top of the dedicated camera system, just for convenience.

FWIW, I ordered GE branded stuff. But the WYZE stuff looks good too. Considered the Roku operating system instead of Alexa because we already run Roku TVs but it is too proprietary. Alexa seems to be pretty universal. Ditto Google.
    Alexa integrates with most of the smart devices on the market.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Anyone here use Amazon Alexa or Echo devices in their home? Looking to use some sort of 'smart' device to dim lights and other fun stuff. Just curious what your experiences are with these "smart devices" and if you find them useful, convenient, etc.

Not planning to replace my thermostat, alarm, etc. Just fun stuff like lights.
    I have 3 echo shows and an echo dot. I find that I use them most for timers and reminders. I also use the echo show units to look at my security cameras if there is motion detected. (I don't always have my phone with me to check the Blink app). Alexa says "motion detected at the front door" and I say "show me the front door".

But speaking of lights, I just put in two LED smart bulbs today in the front porch lights. Set them up for Alexa to turn them on at 4pm and off at 8am.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Taking the kid to the barber soon, then begins the running of errands.
    This is such a lost art. I had a good beardsmen for about 3 years then he moved.

I've tried half a dozen shops and about every 4 or 5 trims I get a decent cut...

Hell my last trim was OK and I got cut with the straight edge

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    This is such a lost art. I had a good beardsmen for about 3 years then he moved.

I've tried half a dozen shops and about every 4 or 5 trims I get a decent cut...

Contact ZZTop for some beardsman references!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

The guy at the Porter Barber Shop is one of the few Master Barbers around. He told me he's considering opening up a school for this in the area. Apparently he is one of only a few with the license to do this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom