NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    As Dad thins the herd, he told me 2 of the rifles (one is the rifle he harvested his 1st deer with) I'm bringing back with me are 30-30. I have nothing in that caliber. Before I start looking at ammo, anyone know the pre-covid pricing for that caliber?
    Am I the only one in NWI to aquire 30-30 chambered goodness?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The drive to my parent's was rough. 3 1/2 hours took 6 hours. Do not exit off 65 to 43. You can not get back on to 65 south, then have to snake through Lafayette because of the 43 detour. Couple that witha wreck on the detour I had to head back north through Porphetstown then south and out. Thornton south on 65 is a hot mess. We made it, I'm relaxed, and ready for QT.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Am I the only one in NWI to aquire 30-30 chambered goodness?

I only have a couple old Savage bolt actions in that caliber, which I've never shot. I went with pistol calibers in my lever actions.

Being a fairly common round, I imagine the pre-crazy prices tracked closely with other common rounds, like .243, etc.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As Dad thins the herd, he told me 2 of the rifles (one is the rifle he harvested his 1st deer with) I'm bringing back with me are 30-30. I have nothing in that caliber. Before I start looking at ammo, anyone know the pre-covid pricing for that caliber?
    What model rifle?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Morning everyone, and happy Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pies are baked. Cranberries are cooling in the pan out on the patio table. Candied yams are candied. Frozen chicken scraps are thawing in a pan of chicken broth. I'll make the stuffing and get the chicken out of its package in a bit.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom