NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Once upon a time families would ride the South Shore Line to take in the sights and enjoy the amenities of a pretty nice Chicago.

On the other hand in the time we live Chiraq is a place to avoid.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Once upon a time families would ride the South Shore Line to take in the sights and enjoy the amenities of a pretty nice Chicago.

On the other hand in the time we live Chiraq is a place to avoid.
    My mom and I would go at least 2-3 times a year, but always at Christmas time to look at the displays in the windows.

True story. Last time I saw the Christmas displays downtown Chicago, I was on a date (probably in the early 90's). I had been seeing him for a few weeks, and we really seemed to click. Out of the blue, I stopped in front of Marshall Fields and said "I know I'm being silly, but I just have to ask. You're not married, are you?" After an uncomfortable silence, I asked him to take me home.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I hesitate to ask, but can you share the details? I don't believe I ever rode on the South Shore.

Good morning gangsters!

TGIF.
    Not as bad as you'd think

So thugs, hoodrats, gang-bangers other assorted scum, not scary. On the other hand....

While on the train I informed a fellow passenger that maybe they should not have their feet on the seat across from them while sitting directly under the sign starting this rule. I was told that I should mind my own business and not worry about how they were sitting.

Not 30 seconds later the door from the adjoining car opens and the conductor steps in to our car. Looks at the other passenger and very professionally but with a ton of attitude, points to the sign and says, "Ma'am you need to take your feet off of the seats."

I said "I tried to tell her."

"Well she should have listened."

Then she continues down the car checking tickets.

I probably shouldn't have started laughing. I even took a picture and posted it to social media. There were then threats of pushing me off of the moving train and I'm a nurse I can make it look like an accident.

I still bring it up from time to time and still get this attitude.
    FB_IMG_1664553700136.jpg
    My beautiful, rules don't apply to me, wife

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    My mom and I would go at least 2-3 times a year, but always at Christmas time to look at the displays in the windows.

True story. Last time I saw the Christmas displays downtown Chicago, I was on a date (probably in the early 90's). I had been seeing him for a few weeks, and we really seemed to click. Out of the blue, I stopped in front of Marshall Fields and said "I know I'm being silly, but I just have to ask. You're not married, are you?" After an uncomfortable silence, I asked him to take me home.
    Used to be the only time I could tolerate the city was around Christmas. Can't even do that anymore. Seeing the holiday "L" train from above in the hotel we used to stay in was pretty cool.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Not as bad as you'd think

So thugs, hoodrats, gang-bangers other assorted scum, not scary. On the other hand....

While on the train I informed a fellow passenger that maybe they should not have their feet on the seat across from them while sitting directly under the sign starting this rule. I was told that I should mind my own business and not worry about how they were sitting.

Not 30 seconds later the door from the adjoining car opens and the conductor steps in to our car. Looks at the other passenger and very professionally but with a ton of attitude, points to the sign and says, "Ma'am you need to take your feet off of the seats."

I said "I tried to tell her."

"Well she should have listened."

Then she continues down the car checking tickets.

I probably shouldn't have started laughing. I even took a picture and posted it to social media. There were then threats of pushing me off of the moving train and I'm a nurse I can make it look like an accident.

I still bring it up from time to time and still get this attitude.
    View attachment 227580
    My beautiful, rules don't apply to me, wife

7.5 out of 10. One point deduction for cropping-out her leg!

:cool:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

So was it yes or no?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Kid's soccer game tomorrow, kid's trip to the barber shop, then friends/town folk obligated to support the local fire department. Drinking for a cause for validation.

It's about to craft beer up in here at Porter's Perfect Pint. The wife has once again volunteered to uber a few of us. Pretzel necklaces have been made. Prost!

My string I used (fishers will appreciate): 20220930_220007.jpg

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    FYI - Hazardous waste disposal drop off in Griffith today, 10/1, at public works dept. on Colfax near Main.

Line is about two blocks long right now at 9:02 am.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI - Hazardous waste disposal drop off in Griffith today, 10/1, at public works dept. on Colfax near Main.

Does that mean u r leaving us since u r tossing yourself into the waste disposal? ;)

or r u taking raccons?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Open til 2 pm and they are also offering shredding for up to 4 paper grocery bags of stuff.

You must be inside gate b4 2.

Done at 9:25

Edit: Next event at Hammond Public Works on 10/22. Last one this year.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Kid's soccer game tomorrow, kid's trip to the barber shop, then friends/town folk obligated to support the local fire department. Drinking for a cause for validation.

It's about to craft beer up in here at Porter's Perfect Pint. The wife has once again volunteered to uber a few of us. Pretzel necklaces have been made. Prost!

My string I used (fishers will appreciate): View attachment 227733

20 lb test. Must be some big-*** pretzels. Careful it doesn't catch on something, one could damage oneself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom