NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Course, if I do that, then I'll want to start changing them in the hall.
    And the post doesn't have a lot of spare cash.
    And not sure I want to 'donate' that much.

Maybe if I do a fixture or two at a time.
    I did the GPIW over the last 2 years. Did the bulk last year. 27 4 foot led troffers for the main hall and basement lobby was about $2100. I paid $1275 for an electrician to install them and then got a rebate back from Nipsco of $1293 on the project after filing the paperwork.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Course, if I do that, then I'll want to start changing them in the hall.
    And the post doesn't have a lot of spare cash.
    And not sure I want to 'donate' that much.

Maybe if I do a fixture or two at a time.
    There is a government program to free up more power for electric car charging, where they almost give you led replacements.

My Church got thousands of tubes for about 55 c. each.

Your organization should be eligible

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Are you looking to change all the light at the post to LED?

It does help drop the electrical use cost.
    We noticed a significant drop in electrical usage when we did just 1 floor at our building for a cost analysis in order to justify doing the rest.

At the house jedi noticed the same thing. A huge drop in electrical usage by switching 99% of thr house to LED.
    You'd notice an even more significant drop in electricity use if you switched to candles and kerosene lamps.... ;):cool::)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In my best Apocalypse Now voice,: "never leave the freakin campus!"

Nice pic, other than blinding the young lady with the sun. :@ya:
    It is amazing how crappy of a city SB is once you step away from the campus.

She is my adopted Russian/Ukrainian daughter. Came to the US to fence and get into college. She is now a college junior and the reigning ACC individual champion and 2 time NCAA team champion.

ACT -- I switched the lights in the fencing club to LED tubes. They are still dependent on the old fluorescent starters. But it bulbs are simply a direct replacement so converting was simple. In January I am going to add a couple more 8' fixtures, but those will be full LED fixtures with integrated LED lights, so no more old 'starters' to worry about like are in the old fluorescent fixtures. So if you change out the bulbs in your sign, you have 2 options, change just the bulbs or convert the fixtures. The latter choice is more grief upfront.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It is amazing how crappy of a city SB is once you step away from the campus.

She is my adopted Russian/Ukrainian daughter. Came to the US to fence and get into college. She is now a college junior and the reigning ACC individual champion and 2 time NCAA team champion.

ACT -- I switched the lights in the fencing club to LED tubes. They are still dependent on the old fluorescent starters. But it bulbs are simply a direct replacement so converting was simple. In January I am going to add a couple more 8' fixtures, but those will be full LED fixtures with integrated LED lights, so no more old 'starters' to worry about like are in the old fluorescent fixtures. So if you change out the bulbs in your sign, you have 2 options, change just the bulbs or convert the fixtures. The latter choice is more grief upfront.
    Don't mind the grief up front.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Supposed to finish railings on front porch and replace steps on another deck today.

Maybe tomorrow?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom