Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Heading to Chiraq today.

Our daughter lives up there doing corporate lawyering stuff but she wants to move. My wife wants a place in the city for visiting daughter. So the 2 of them teamed up and decided it would be a good idea to have me spend my retirement savings to put the downpayment on a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo. I'm not convinced this is a good idea. In fact I'm pretty convinced it is a dumb idea.

But on the bight side I will get to eat a greasy burger from Devil Dawgz and I love those things.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Heading to Chiraq today.

Our daughter lives up there doing corporate lawyering stuff but she wants to move. My wife wants a place in the city for visiting daughter. So the 2 of them teamed up and decided it would be a good idea to have me spend my retirement savings to put the downpayment on a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo. I'm not convinced this is a good idea. In fact I'm pretty convinced it is a dumb idea.

But on the bight side I will get to eat a greasy burger from Devil Dawgz and I love those things.
    Well worth your life savings. :p

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Heading to Chiraq today.

I wouldn't be surprised if a condo that large goes for $250,000+

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Heading to Chiraq today.

Sounds like a terrible idea. She is a corporate lawyer, she can buy her own place for her mom to get shot at.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    Uh, maybe in da hood they are in that price range. But in a quasi-safe-ish semi-nice-ish area you need to scratch together another $100k for a starting point. And the prices climb from that point.
    ouch, no wonder they all come here to buy up lake property.
    new speed dial number: 911

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    and remember they don't have reciprocity with Indiana so leave all weapons at home
    (the felons there are stupid and need easy victims )
    Ahhh . . . but if I am on the mortgage because I made a downpayment, then I have established that I have legal rights on the property and then I am allowed to have my guns on my property, even in Chiraq. Perhaps I can't carry around, but on that property and transporting back and forth, I have rights

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ahhh . . . but if I am on the mortgage because I made a downpayment, then I have established that I have legal rights on the property and then I am allowed to have my guns on my property, even in Chiraq. Perhaps I can't carry around, but on that property and transporting back and forth, I have rights
    The cook county property taxes are gonna eat u alive.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN

Wasn't there a lawsuit that went to Supreme Court where a Chicago Homeowner shot a thug in his front yard and the city tried to prosecute him for having the Gun outside of the House -- decision was in His favor and charge's were dismissed ... and shortly thereafter a lot of Chicago Gun Laws were also declared Unconstitutional

edit: McDonald v. Chicago

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't you still need a FOID?

Also, wait till you pay your taxes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom