Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Why are Chinese restaurants not happy unless they are burning ****? Went to that craphole in Cedar Lake (didn't know it was until we brought it home), and they burned both the egg rolls and the egg foo young. Uncle Chen's does that **** too. Why do all the good Chinese restaurants have to be so fffaaaarrrr?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Why are Chinese restaurants not happy unless they are burning ****? Went to that craphole in Cedar Lake (didn't know it was until we brought it home), and they burned both the egg rolls and the egg foo young. Uncle Chen's does that **** too. Why do all the good Chinese restaurants have to be so fffaaaarrrr?
    Lots of **** because I'm serious about my ****ing Chinese food.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    There is no such thing as good Chinese food.

Golden Tree closed up permanently earlier this year.

In my 33 years of eating it, nothing had ever come close to it. It was the absolute best and everything else SUCKS.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    There is no such thing as good Chinese food.

Golden Tree closed up permanently earlier this year.

In my 33 years of eating it, nothing had ever come close to it. It was the absolute best and everything else SUCKS.
    Guess it doesn’t matter but where was golden tree? Never heard of it

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Seriously I would rather panda express than ANY Chinese restaurant in the area. They are all garbage.

Mongolian beef is nothing but 6 or 7 shreds of **** poor in flavored beef and 3/4 of an onion boiled with some trash jar sauce.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    On another note I took the advice of someone here and tried Serendipity in Griffith around the corner from Blythe's.

It is great! Priced very reasonably. The owner Dillon seems to be a good guy, he carries and may look in here.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yes, American Chinese food is not the same as authentic Chinese food. I went to Hong Kong in the mid 80's, and we ate the authentic stuff a few times. It's not that I was that bothered by fish eye soup and the like, but the sanitation was horrendous, even in high end restaurants. Spills and drips on the tables, seats, and floors were not attended to, and there were insects everywhere (crawling across tables, plates, etc.). It just was not a priority to clean up. We were so sickened by it that we went to the grocery store and bought bread, peanut butter, and fruit, and ate in our room for most of the trip.

We also passed some open air meat markets that would turn your stomach. Raw meat, fish, etc, sitting out uncovered with insects crawling all over it. At one market we also saw a basket of live kittens for sale. :puke:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Yes, American Chinese food is not the same as authentic Chinese food. I went to Hong Kong in the mid 80's, and we ate the authentic stuff a few times. It's not that I was that bothered by fish eye soup and the like, but the sanitation was horrendous, even in high end restaurants. Spills and drips on the tables, seats, and floors were not attended to, and there were insects everywhere (crawling across tables, plates, etc.). It just was not a priority to clean up. We were so sickened by it that we went to the grocery store and bought bread, peanut butter, and fruit, and ate in our room for most of the trip.

We also passed some open air meat markets that would turn your stomach. Raw meat, fish, etc, sitting out uncovered with insects crawling all over it. At one market we also saw a basket of live kittens for sale. :puke:
    Last time I had fantastic Chinese was in SF's Chinatown. They had all things hanging, but it was behind glass.

Golden Palace in Lansing is almost there.

Other than that, J.W. Chen's in South Bend is where it's at around here. The owner visits with everyone. "How about I make you something special, not on the menu."
    Made me a special whitefish dish that was fantastic the last time I was there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom