NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You are guilty of 'failure to yield right of way' in this situation. Even if you are over the speed limit if someone comes up from behind you are supposed to move over to allow them to pass.

But I always have to remember that in the greater region around Mordor, people can't read their driver's manuals so they never learned that lesson.
    we have had this convo befote.

:xmad: get off my highway.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hell if I know, nor do I care about some stupid law regarding bats.

I set it on top my shed and it flew off within a couple minutes
    U r suppose 2 eat it so u can get the american version of the Chinese virus and then pass it on the to rest so that ya are locked up again in your houses and jedi has the whole highway 2 jedi going 2 work. :)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    U r suppose 2 eat it so u can get the american version of the Chinese virus and then pass it on the to rest so that ya are locked up again in your houses and jedi has the whole highway 2 jedi going 2 work. :)
    Gotta say I did love the baron streets

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Not something you see everyday laying in your backyard.
    It's still alive. Chatters when I spread its wings out

View attachment 163964
    View attachment 163965

Caught one fishing one time. It was near dusk, almost dark, and I cast my Rapala lure out and it never hit the water. That's odd. Started reeling in and felt small tug on the line, with the line still in the air. Continued reeling in with rod tip down until I grounded it with a plunk in the water. Quick dip under water put it out of it's misery.

Careful handling these, they carry rabies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Nah.
    This is why we have highway shooting in chiraq! Slow drivers on the far left. :p
    My brother in law inadvertently cut someone off on the Dan Ryan last month early on a Saturday morning. He said the guy started pulling up along side him and he figured the guy was going to flip him the bird or utter a few choice words. Instead, he found himself staring down the barrel of a pistol. He hit the brakes to let the other guy fly ahead and then the guy sped off and exited at the next ramp. Scary stuff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My brother in law inadvertently cut someone off on the Dan Ryan last month early on a Saturday morning. He said the guy started pulling up along side him and he figured the guy was going to flip him the bird or utter a few choice words. Instead, he found himself staring down the barrel of a pistol. He hit the brakes to let the other guy fly ahead and then the guy sped off and exited at the next ramp. Scary stuff.
    Idiots that do that, assume they are the only one with a gun.
    It's a good way to get shot. And the police will not be on their side.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Caught one fishing one time. It was near dusk, almost dark, and I cast my Rapala lure out and it never hit the water. That's odd. Started reeling in and felt small tug on the line, with the line still in the air. Continued reeling in with rod tip down until I grounded it with a plunk in the water. Quick dip under water put it out of it's misery.

Careful handling these, they carry rabies.

More importantly they feast on mosquitoes. They are welcome around my place anytime

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Looking for a cheap-ish truck. Found this one on FB. Still undecided, but I'm a sucker for blue. It's a few thousand bucks more than I would like (KBB has it in the $10-11K range, I'd rather pay 9), but I will ask him about that. I know it's got some miles, but I will not put more than 2-3,000 miles on it per year, so it should not be an issue if it's in good shape. Body looks great, interior looks great. Anything I should look for or ask about if I talk to him? I've never had a vehicle with this many miles on it before.

Don't know if you can see it if you don't have Facebook. 2009 F-150 4X4, 133K miles, he's asking $12,500

1634647977432.png

Last edited:

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Looking for a cheap-ish truck. Found this one on FB. Still undecided, but I'm a sucker for blue. It's a few thousand bucks more than I would like (KBB has it in the $10-11K range, I'd rather pay 9), but I will ask him about that. I know it's got some miles, but I will not put more than 2-3,000 miles on it per year, so it should not be an issue if it's in good shape. Body looks great, interior looks great. Anything I should look for or ask about if I talk to him? I've never had a vehicle with this many miles on it before.

Don't know if you can see it if you don't have Facebook. 2009 F-150 4X4, 133K miles, he's asking $12,500

View attachment 164038
    Looks very sharp! Make sure 4x4 works. You can put it in 4HI crank the steering wheel all the way to one side and go back and forth in that gravel in pic. Front tires will skip and not seem smooth cause you're going backwards and sideways at same time (Or forward). Maybe someone else knows an easier way, that's just what I do. Definitely different price or no go if that's out. MAKE SURE AIR COND. WORKS! That's my 2 bits, Good Luck!!!

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Just saw it looks like it's been for sale for 10 weeks.... Not a plus in my book, other's probably passed on it. Maybe it's just a price thing though, and he's ready to meet you on a mutual agreed price??? Yikes, I am glad I'm not truck shopping right now, was thinking about what I could get for my '19' to move forward, screw that, good truck not willing to roll the dice... Exciting though, she's a beaut!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

View attachment 164038
    IF it's the 5.4 liter 3 valve engine, hard pass. most people will sell those at tune up time because the spark plugs break off in the heads and become a nightmare that will run you thousand's. maintenance tune up time is 100k, by 133k its starting to run bad and now its required. if it's NOT the 3 valve 5.4 engine you'll be ok.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just saw it looks like it's been for sale for 10 weeks.... Not a plus in my book, other's probably passed on it. Maybe it's just a price thing though, and he's ready to meet you on a mutual agreed price??? Yikes, I am glad I'm not truck shopping right now, was thinking about what I could get for my '19' to move forward, screw that, good truck not willing to roll the dice... Exciting though, she's a beaut!
    Carmax is paying big bucks right now. A couple of months ago I sold my '15 RAV4 to them for $19,500. It did have low miles, but I thought that was a ridiculously good price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom