NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Mosquitos SUCK!!!!!

But at least Merrillville sprayed my neighborhood tonight.
    But I've been fighting them damn things since Saturday.
    There is a Cutter insect killer you can get at most hardware stores. Attach it to the end of your hose, spray your lawn, shrubs, etc. It works pretty well. Eliminated 80+% of our mosquitoes, and my house has woods around 2 sides.

Best part is that it does not harm our lovely raccoon friends. So they stay safe.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There is a Cutter insect killer you can get at most hardware stores. Attach it to the end of your hose, spray your lawn, shrubs, etc. It works pretty well. Eliminated about 80% of our mosquitoes.

Best part is that it does not harm our lovely raccoon friends. So they stay safe.

I have a fogger. I guess I'd need to fire the damn thing up.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    There is a Cutter insect killer you can get at most hardware stores. Attach it to the end of your hose, spray your lawn, shrubs, etc. It works pretty well. Eliminated 80+% of our mosquitoes, and my house has woods around 2 sides.

They're bad here. The neighbors were bitchin' when we got home. Down south, the barn swallows were zipping around as they are the dragonflies of the south.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Work partner said he has citronella plants around his deck and that keeps them at bay. I looked into it but it's toxic to dogs and my smaller idiot would surely try to chew it or at least play around in it, so that's a no go for me. I assume then if that cutter is safe for Jedi's friends, it's safe for dogs too?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We have lemonbalm all around our deck and it has never bothered the dogs. The only skeeter I've seen this year was in the car.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I watched a video on taking off the bumper.
    Holy Moses. Lot more involved than I think I want to do.
    But, then I saw a video, mounting it where the front license plate bracket goes.
    Genius. I didn't think of that.

First thing tomorrow I'll have to look into it.
    Course, that means the 3 brackets I painted may or may not work. But, I have more metal.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    We have lemonbalm all around our deck and it has never bothered the dogs. The only skeeter I've seen this year was in the car.
    Just looked that up and says it's safe for dogs and even said it can be given to them in small doses for anxiety so I'll have to look into getting some.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Work partner said he has citronella plants around his deck and that keeps them at bay. I looked into it but it's toxic to dogs and my smaller idiot would surely try to chew it or at least play around in it, so that's a no go for me. I assume then if that cutter is safe for Jedi's friends, it's safe for dogs too?
    Dogs have to be kept off the lawn until it is DRY

I applied it late evening at dark after the dogs came inside.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I was masked and gloved for over a year. Got my shots, did everything I could. Didn't want to take any chances. Now there is more talk about Delta variants, etc, but you know what? I'm ****ing over it. It never ends.
    There is already talk of another variant after Delta. They think fear will work forever, but most have already reached the breaking point like you have. They are tired and want to go back to normal.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Watching WGN news.

There is a GUN BUY BACK happening in Chicago very soon. So called "high capacity" magazines will fetch $20 each. I know I have a bunch of them that cost me way less than that.

Might make a trip up to the city and use the profit money for ammo and bourbon.
    Should try on here first, other than Glock, most mags I've seen are more than 20.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Watching WGN news.

There is a GUN BUY BACK happening in Chicago very soon. So called "high capacity" magazines will fetch $20 each. I know I have a bunch of them that cost me way less than that.

Might make a trip up to the city and use the profit money for ammo and bourbon.

Might come a time when those mags are worth more to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom