NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    2A Tom stopped by to make sure I was hard at work this morning.
    I wasn't.

I am now though.
    Drilling 6 holes, upside down, through a 90 degree gearbox and a short bit is NOT my idea of fun.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    CTC- I saw your post about your experience at Mr. Sub. I went there today for my first time and purchased a double cheeseburger and a King-size roast beef sandwich.

The burger was bodacious, the roast beef was decent. It was odd to see everyone wearing masks. I didn't, nobody said anything.
    Been going there since I could walk. Love it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just re-secured all six downspouts. Replaced what parts needed replaced. Extended the ones on the side of the house where we have drainage issues. Too hot for me to be out. My own fault for putting it off.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You're not carrying around 100 extra pounds of insulation. I should have gotten it done when it was cooler. I just forgot how much heat and I don't get along.

Well, I'm also on vacation, and NOT at my job in hell.
    I'm sweating, but that's just a fact of life in the aummer.
    At least I have my love affair with my air conditioner later. :)
    I grew up without A/C, so I still appreciate it.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It had so much traffic now coupled with getting on and off 65, they are putting roundabouts on both sides of the interstate, like a dog bone, to get traffic moving. (Like the one they did in Valpo.)
    Those are becoming more common everywhere. I saw the same setup at the Marengo exit off of I-90 in Illinois a couple weeks ago. Very efficient.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Murder trial would be cool.

Had to serve for a lawsuit against a construction company that paved a lady's street. According to her it cracked her inground pool. What a ****ing joke that was. The old lady and the judge couldn't stay awake. Wasted 4 days of my life and had to burn 4 vacation days to do my "civic duty" I've since filled out the form that no, I cant be a unbiased, or whatever term they use, juror.

I'd be happy to serve on a jury if they paid me what I make per day and not take 2 months to pay.
    The murder trial was interesting. The crime occurred in Gary when someone got kicked out of a party and went home mad. Decided to return with a gun and ended up killing a healthy 18 year old male when they wouldn't let him back in. His culpability in the death was never in question. The trial was about his level of responsibility. Reckless homicide, manslaughter or murder? We convicted the defendant of manslaughter and he was subsequently sentenced to 20 years. For me, the most aggravating part of the process was the two squishy soft jurors (both male) who actually tried to argue that we didn't have enough evidence to convict the defendant of anything. They didn't want the responsibility of sending a man to prison. The jury foreman was one of them and he was weeping as he signed the verdict. Most of the jurors were disgusted by the story and the culture of violence that plagues that community.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    For me, the most aggravating part of the process was the two squishy soft jurors (both male) who actually tried to argue that we didn't have enough evidence to convict the defendant of anything. They didn't want the responsibility of sending a man to prison. The jury foreman was one of them and he was weeping as he signed the verdict.
    So jedi was the foreman :lmfao:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The murder trial was interesting. The crime occurred in Gary when someone got kicked out of a party and went home mad. Decided to return with a gun and ended up killing a healthy 18 year old male when they wouldn't let him back in. His culpability in the death was never in question. The trial was about his level of responsibility. Reckless homicide, manslaughter or murder? We convicted the defendant of manslaughter and he was subsequently sentenced to 20 years. For me, the most aggravating part of the process was the two squishy soft jurors (both male) who actually tried to argue that we didn't have enough evidence to convict the defendant of anything. They didn't want the responsibility of sending a man to prison. The jury foreman was one of them and he was weeping as he signed the verdict. Most of the jurors were disgusted by the story and the culture of violence that plagues that community.
    People want TV types of evidence, and even then don't want to be the "bad guy".
    As if holding someone responsible is the bad guy.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Welp, that escalated quickly. A small puddle of water near the refrigerator turned into water shooting out from one of the connections in the water line. Tightening did not help. I could not find a shutoff for the water line, so I shut off the main water supply. So after working outside all day, I'm sweaty and dirty and can't take a shower. Plumber is coming some time tomorrow.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Welp, that escalated quickly. A small puddle of water near the refrigerator turned into water shooting out from one of the connections in the water line. Tightening did not help. I could not find a shutoff for the water line, so I shut off the main water supply. So after working outside all day, I'm sweaty and dirty and can't take a shower. Plumber is coming some time tomorrow.
    Is your refrigerator water line hooked up with a saddle valve under the sink? Might be able to turn it off there if so.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Is your refrigerator water line hooked up with a saddle valve under the sink? Might be able to turn it off there if so.
    No, nowhere near the sink. It's a copper line that comes up through the floor behind the refrigerator. There may or may not be a shutoff in the crawlspace, but the area is too tight for me to get into.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    No, nowhere near the sink. It's a copper line that comes up through the floor behind the refrigerator. There may or may not be a shutoff in the crawlspace, but the area is too tight for me to get into.
    Ok, a lot fridges are hooked up to the cold water line serving the kitchen sink like ours is. Sorry couldn’t help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom