NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not sure how long the fogger is effective but the Cutter stuff leaves residue on the leafs and that seems to control the biters for quite a while. At least a few weeks of protection between applications.
    I have a fogger. I guess I'd need to fire the damn thing up.
    I used to use bug be gone. On the plus side it kills grubs, I didn,t have a mole for two years.

On the negative side it kills earthworms, which are beneficial.

On the mega ultra negative side it kills honey bees. I have not seen a honey bee in Yeats and the $300 in plants that i put in last year produced nothing.

There is a worldwide shortage of honey bees and we are using chemicals that will cause a world wide famine.

So I have quit and just swat the darn things. But I may try the lemon balm.
    I don't know. We've had a lot of yellowjackets and wasps, but I think they have been everywhere. I haven't seen an actual honeybee in years.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    109th Ave Exit off of 65? I know time flies as we get older but it seems to me like that exit is only a few years old and I think this is the 3rd time it has been closed for more than a few days. This closure is at least a month old. Going South I can't see what they are doing but yesterday I went by going North and I could see that they have the entire road dug up under the bridge and at the rate Indiana moves with road construction it will probably be closed until winter.
    Couple that with the idiotic way they are rebuilding the 231/Deleware intersection at the same time and traffic is just a mess around there.

Does anyone know why such a new project is already being redone?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    109th Ave Exit off of 65? I know time flies as we get older but it seems to me like that exit is only a few years old and I think this is the 3rd time it has been closed for more than a few days. This closure is at least a month old. Going South I can't see what they are doing but yesterday I went by going North and I could see that they have the entire road dug up under the bridge and at the rate Indiana moves with road construction it will probably be closed until winter.
    Couple that with the idiotic way they are rebuilding the 231/Deleware intersection at the same time and traffic is just a mess around there.

Does anyone know why such a new project is already being redone?
    It had so much traffic now coupled with getting on and off 65, they are putting roundabouts on both sides of the interstate, like a dog bone, to get traffic moving. (Like the one they did in Valpo.)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    PSA: If you ever play on crossing the bridge into/from Louisville, make sure you have your pass. (IPASS users transponders work since E-ZPass has the contract agreement).

20210720_140436.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    It's only bad when boombers are around.
    From an article about roundabouts:

The ideal conditions for a roundabout are:

Balanced traffic flow between all four legs. An unbalanced intersection with 90 percent of the volume on the major street may not see the same benefits as other more balanced locations.

Source:

Too many are built where there is unbalanced traffic flow or where there is too great of a difference in speed between the crossing roads. Roundabouts reward aggressive drivers who go through them much faster than they are designed for.

Multi lane roundabouts are often poorly marked, although this is improving. I still see multi lane roundabouts with lane usage only marked on the pavement, which isn't any help when it snows. Too many are not marked far enough ahead of time.

Roundabouts are great in lower traffic flow areas but are being used too often in places where they aren't the best solution.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    For exampIe, I didn't need to drop to 2nd gear at 59 mph and rap it out at 6200 rpms and break the tires loose to pass some ****in slow pokes last night on a double yellow... But I wanted to...

Hoping my exhaust woke them up and/or shattered their hearing aids.

The biker blowhards might have been onto something with the loud pipes saves lives, cause hopefully my **** was so loud it scared them so much they won't ever drive again.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    CTC- I saw your post about your experience at Mr. Sub. I went there today for my first time and purchased a double cheeseburger and a King-size roast beef sandwich.

The burger was bodacious, the roast beef was decent. It was odd to see everyone wearing masks. I didn't, nobody said anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom