NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Per Region News Source, confirmed tornado touchdown last night from 10:05-10:10 starting in unincorporated Cedar Lake traveling 4.8 miles and ending in northern Crown Point. Winds 75-85 mph. Looks like hiding in the bathroom wasn't such a bad idea.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Per Region News Source, confirmed tornado touchdown last night from 10:05-10:10 starting in unincorporated Cedar Lake traveling 4.8 miles and ending in northern Crown Point. Winds 75-85 mph. Looks like hiding in the bathroom wasn't such a bad idea.
    Did it take the raccons? If not it needs to come back

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I had to google EF-0 tornado, I’ve never heard of that, basically it’s a strong breeze. Ef-0’s were added to the Fujito scale a few years ago, seems like a new way to feed peoples fears.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Christmas gifts all wrapped and under the tree.
    Packed up and ready for a much needed range trip tomorrow as well
    Jelly. Going to hit Blythe's one day in about 2 weeks during a weekday, then over Christmas, (aside popping cans with all the kids at my parent's) heading over to my buddy's range that stretches out to a quarter mile. He recently passed a bunch of NRA certification classes and started a side business teaching classes on various weekend dates.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jelly. Going to hit Blythe's one day in about 2 weeks during a weekday, then over Christmas, (aside popping cans with all the kids at my parent's) heading over to my buddy's range that stretches out to a quarter mile. He recently passed a bunch of NRA certification classes and started a side business teaching classes on various weekend dates.
    :runaway: indoor range!!! U will get covid... :p

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Maybe if the volume was not set at 11 fr every little thing people would pay attention when they were warned.
    When the warnings come I look at the various weather sites and try to make an informed decision. I also look out the windows. The world does exist outside of a TV or phone screen. You can pay attention, but not just run and hide. Of course, you would have less to be grouchy about if you were reasonable. If they want folks to pay attention they need to get the warnings on Twitter and Facebook.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had to google EF-0 tornado, I’ve never heard of that, basically it’s a strong breeze. Ef-0’s were added to the Fujito scale a few years ago, seems like a new way to feed peoples fears.
    Not gonna argue because it looks like this is a hill you want to die on, and in 75-85mph winds, you just might.

There is a difference between fearing the weather and respecting what it is capable of. I will continue to camp out in my bathroom when the warnings come, and you can continue to mock me. I'm good with that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When the warnings come I look at the various weather sites and try to make an informed decision. I also look out the windows. The world does exist outside of a TV or phone screen. You can pay attention, but not just run and hide. Of course, you would have less to be grouchy about if you were reasonable. If they want folks to pay attention they need to get the warnings on Twitter and Facebook.
    I am not grumpy, I am crotchety!

I do have a personal Texas weather station. I pay attention to it.

Log chain on a pole.

Readings:

Dry = Fair weather
    Wet = Rain
    White = Snow
    Swaying = Gentle breeze
    Standing straight out = Windy
    Links snapping off the end = Root cellar time
    846bf602db214bf25c598528d86de1a5.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom