NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Lol. Normally they'd hold someone over from the previous turn, but we were on startup from downturn so there's nobody to hold, ergo I was on my butt in the shanty under the AC. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have a day off this week. My last day off was 7/10 l and I won't have another one until 6/24

I'm on a downturn right now.
    Not fun.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The 6 and occasional 7 days wouldn't be so bad if it was 8 hours every day but Friday and Saturday are more often than not back to back doubles and sometimes that even spills over into a third one on Sunday. Also we've been working like this since I came back in October after my accident. The rest of the crew has been working like this since late July last year. Everyone is burnt out here and it doesn't help that we have three or four slugs who call off frequently or get all kinds of restrictions or abuse FMLA.

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    The 6 and occasional 7 days wouldn't be so bad if it was 8 hours every day but Friday and Saturday are more often than not back to back doubles and sometimes that even spills over into a third one on Sunday.
    Yeah i dont have it that bad. I average 64hrs a week. Sundays are short maybe 6hrs. I draw the line at 14 hours in a day, beyond that fire me or ill be back tomorrow.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah i dont have it that bad. I average 64hrs a week. Sundays are short maybe 6hrs. I draw the line at 14 hours in a day, beyond that fire me or ill be back tomorrow.
    I probaby average that too but 72s are not super uncommon. I also had an 80 hr week last month because one guy had his bazillionth potential Covid exposure and then when myself and one other guy we're scheduled 12s to cover, he called off two of them

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I probaby average that too but 72s are not super uncommon. I also had an 80 hr week last month because one guy had his bazillionth potential Covid exposure and then when myself and one other guy we're scheduled 12s to cover, he called off two of them
    Yeah those “covid exposures” got entirely to common.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The current bet is his dog is gonna test positive for Covid next sometime just before July 4th. Coincidentally, each instance has occurred just before a holiday or his scheduled vacation.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Friend of mine has about 30 years at Usps as a mechanic, he “works” m-f 6-2, has 93 pto days a year, use em or lose em deal so he uses them all, plus with covid now any potential exposure days are pto without going against his 93.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nah. I’m usually off work in time to spend a couple hours at the range if i want to. Dont have much else going on anyway.

If I have NOTHING to do, I still want to NOT be at work.
    I have too much to do at home.
    I'm so far behind on putting stuff away at home, I can't have any visitors. It's like an episode of hoarders.
    I still need to do hours of yard work, and open my pool.

And, I'm just plain worn out. 2020 I averaged 59.5 hours a week. And considering I have 5 weeks of vacation in there, it means the 47 other weeks are higher.
    I would be scheduled 80 hours in a week, and then they would complain that I wouldn't stay for 8 more unscheduled when something went down.
    Throw in the heat. The risks. The bosses that don't know what my crew does, and thinks we're unimportant... till our stuff goes down and they start screaming....
    And the shift work.
    29 years and 7 months, and I'm just wearing out.

Now, all the production guys and the millwrights are getting slammed the same way.
    I feel sorry for them. But I'm like.. yup, been that way for over 10 years for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom