NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Decided to swing by the gun show today since I was out that way. Very laughable prices. Ruger wrangler for $350, Glocks for $700, ARs $1k and up, primers anywhere from $175 to $250 and some even higher. 9mm at $1 per round, 380 at $120 per round, 357mag at $60-75 for box of 50. Pretty much all 223 a minimum of $1 per round.

Was fairly busy. No line to get in and no masks required just fyi.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Does anyone need one or two heavy-duty 5-drawer steel file cabinets (letter size)?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Decided to swing by the gun show today since I was out that way. Very laughable prices. Ruger wrangler for $350, Glocks for $700, ARs $1k and up, primers anywhere from $175 to $250 and some even higher. 9mm at $1 per round, 380 at $120 per round, 357mag at $60-75 for box of 50. Pretty much all 223 a minimum of $1 per round.

I thought about going to the show, then decided I didn't want to waste my time. So I've been cleaning guns all day, while watching CZ and 1911 YouTube videos. A much more satisfying, productive day.

Even did a load of laundry in between. So the combination of no new guns and a load of laundry, and the wife is happy ... for the moment!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I thought about going to the show, then decided I didn't want to waste my time. So I've been cleaning guns all day, while watching CZ and 1911 YouTube videos. A much more satisfying, productive day.

Even did a load of laundry in between. So the combination of no new guns and a load of laundry, and the wife is happy ... for the moment!

I was in the area meeting a fellow INGOer from Indy in Lowell. Figured I could use a good laugh.
    The one that made me laugh the hardest was a S&W EZ Shield 380, used, for $700

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got a bunch of outside work completed today. Took advantage of a day that was supposed to be a wash out.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got a bunch of outside work completed today. Took advantage of a day that was supposed to be a wash out.
    Got all caught up with that last weekend. Other than actually putting the garden in the ground the hardest/biggest project I have planned this year is a new roof on the shed. Probably wait till mid May or June to do that

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Still looking for a deck builder. I could probably do it myself given enough time, but it's roughly 500 square feet, on two levels, and three sets of stairs. I don't know that I have that much time and energy. Having a hard time finding someone that'll actually show up to give me a quote. Everyone must be really busy.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Still looking for a deck builder. I could probably do it myself given enough time, but it's roughly 500 square feet, on two levels, and three sets of stairs. I don't know that I have that much time and energy. Having a hard time finding someone that'll actually show up to give me a quote. Everyone must be really busy.

I hear that. Last summer, we had a large flagstone patio installed and landscaping rocked. Asked 4 contractors to come out for a quote and only 1 showed up. We weren't crazy about his price, but he showed up and got the job done when he said.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region

Having never been to a show before, I’m not certain I want to go anymore. Haha!

Maybe one day, when the world feels like getting back to normal...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    INDOT announces ramp closures at Ind. 49/U.S. 30 Interchange on Thursday,
    April 15

Ramp closures are scheduled to begin on Thursday, April 15, at the Ind. 49/U.S. 30 interchange in Valparaiso, the Indiana Department of Transportation is announcing.

The following ramps will be closed for approximately two days beginning April 15:
    *SB Ind. 49 to EB U.S. 30.
    *NB Ind. 49 to WB U.S. 30.
    *WB U.S. 30 to SB U.S. 49.

These ramp closures are part of the bridge maintenance contract which has already caused lane closures on Ind. 49, INDOT said. The ramps will be closed to facilitate bridge deck overlay work and bridge painting.

Motorists should seek an alternative route, INDOT suggested.

Screenshot_20210411-185135_Facebook.jpg

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    INDOT announces ramp closures at Ind. 49/U.S. 30 Interchange on Thursday,
    April 15

Ramp closures are scheduled to begin on Thursday, April 15, at the Ind. 49/U.S. 30 interchange in Valparaiso, the Indiana Department of Transportation is announcing.

The following ramps will be closed for approximately two days beginning April 15:
    *SB Ind. 49 to EB U.S. 30.
    *NB Ind. 49 to WB U.S. 30.
    *WB U.S. 30 to SB U.S. 49.

These ramp closures are part of the bridge maintenance contract which has already caused lane closures on Ind. 49, INDOT said. The ramps will be closed to facilitate bridge deck overlay work and bridge painting.

Motorists should seek an alternative route, INDOT suggested.

View attachment 135193
    Was through there today and the outside lanes on 49 are already coned off across the bridge deck and some work has started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom