NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I had my 30 years, and my house was paid off, this would be my last work week.
    :xmad:

Instead, I will grit my teeth, and look forward to the fact, it will only get worse.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If I had my 30 years, and my house was paid off, this would be my last work week.
    :xmad:

Instead, I will grit my teeth, and look forward to the fact, it will only get worse.
    I printed a countdown calendar 3 years before my thirty was up. I did not work one day longer than I had to to get my 30 in.

Stay safe, stay sane - you'll get there.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Anyone know where I can find a 9mm 1911 magazine in Lake or Porter County? My girlfriend’s birthday is Wednesday and I gifted her money so she could purchase a 1911. The 1911 won’t be delivered until next week, at the earliest, but I want to at least have a gift to give on her actual birthday. I tried Blythe‘s East and Copper Custom without success. And Bass Pro/Cabela’s website listed them out of stock.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Anyone know where I can find a 9mm 1911 magazine in Lake or Porter County? My girlfriend’s birthday is Wednesday and I gifted her money so she could purchase a 1911. The 1911 won’t be delivered until next week, at the earliest, but I want to at least have a gift to give on her actual birthday. I tried Blythe‘s East and Copper Custom without success. And Bass Pro/Cabela’s website listed them out of stock.
    Call Bass Pro and Cabela's. My experience is that the website isn't up to date.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Could try warrior arms in Valpo or Point Blank in Merrillville.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    While this doesn't help your deadline, if you crap out, you could always propose an excursion to the CP fairgrounds this weekend so she old pick out her own. The magazine guys from Michigan are always there who are set up in the east wing. They have almost always had at least 1 mag for even the most oddball firearm.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm going with the CP show with a candle light M&E at Chez Schoops backroom. Heck, someone can bring a birthday candle, right?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wow, just got a call that pallbearers are to report at 9:40 a.m. tomorrow. The funeral mass is at 11 a.m. I know there's a private session at 10 a.m. I better have a good breakfast. Nothing covid era surprises me anymore.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Thanks for the help, everyone!

Call Bass Pro and Cabela's. My experience is that the website isn't up to date.
    Oh, okay. I‘ll swing by Bass Pro Shop after work tomorrow.
    Could try warrior arms in Valpo or Point Blank in Merrillville.
    I was just in Warrior Arms on Saturday. They seem to be more about smithing/cerakoting than anything else, with not a lot of stock. Maybe it was better pre-pandemic.

While this doesn't help your deadline, if you crap out, you could always propose an excursion to the CP fairgrounds this weekend so she old pick out her own. The magazine guys from Michigan are always there who are set up in the east wing. They have almost always had at least 1 mag for even the most oddball firearm.
    She and I were talking about going to the gun show this weekend and at least dropping by Meetup. Neither of us have ever been to a gun show, so we don’t know what to expect. I think she really wants to go, though.

I think (well, I know) she’s super giddy to get gun #2, one that wasn’t been panic bought, one that can be highly customized, one likes the feel of in the hand, and one that is fun to use. I also can’t wait to shoot it! That’s what relationships are for, right? Sharing guns?

Brownells can over night one.
    Oh, thanks! I will have to look into that. I’m pretty certain I’ve already created an account for them.

I’ve never been to either, but I’ve been trying to get a coworker to head out there together. He let me know about the store and had nothing but high praise.

The impression I got was it’s in a sketchy part of GI. That doesn’t so much matter to me, but is he being too cautious in is this the case?

Wow, just got a call that pallbearers are to report at 9:40 a.m. tomorrow. The funeral mass is at 11 a.m. I know there's a private session at 10 a.m. I better have a good breakfast. Nothing covid era surprises me anymore.
    My heart goes out to you and the families; I wish there was something to say to make it hurt a little less.

Milled stuff to mount stuff today. View attachment 128398

——————
    That is so cool! It’d look phenomenal in a display case, too. Did you 3D print the base?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Westforth is not that sketchy.
    It's half a dozen streets from me.

But I think their hours are limited right now. Either close at 3 or 4, I forget.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    3. Blythes in Griffith (ha got it right) was closing at 3 for a while maybe still.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I bought my first gun at Westforth's. (a .357 LCR) I wouldn't say it's in a sketchy area, but then again I worked in Gary for 30 years. Seriously, it's not bad at all. I'd give them a try if you can find out when they're open.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Can Lake County people really be trusted to determine what's sketchy? :wrongdoor:
    Fun fact. A couple of lifetimes ago (OK, it was 1984) I was dating a guy from Berne, IN. At the time I was teaching at 5 different Catholic schools (one each day of the week) in Gary, Miller, and East Chicago. I took Bruce on a drive and showed him all of my schools, including Holy Angels on 7th Avenue in Gary. As we were driving through some of the nicer neighborhoods on the West Side, he said "Oh, look, the houses have grass and everything." I think he was expecting to see concrete ghettos everywhere.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    When we lived in Gary at 37th & Harrison my FIL would sit by the window and watch his car. It was the first new car he had ever bought. The car was vandalized at Munster Lanes during our league night.

Westforth is pretty close to jedi's home grounds, you're right to be suspicious. Only a few blocks from me. It's a nice family owned business.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Fun fact. A couple of lifetimes ago (OK, it was 1984) I was dating a guy from Berne, IN. At the time I was teaching at 5 different Catholic schools (one each day of the week) in Gary, Miller, and East Chicago. I took Bruce on a drive and showed him all of my schools, including Holy Angels on 7th Avenue in Gary. As we were driving through some of the nicer neighborhoods on the West Side, he said "Oh, look, the houses have grass and everything." I think he was expecting to see concrete ghettos everywhere.

I was born and raised in Hobart. Moved out to the Westville-ish area about 6 years ago. Do not miss living in Lake County at all, everyone is too close together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom