NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Supposed to rain next couple days.
    I might have to get that mailbox too Snapdragon, mines been busted and leaning. Of course the mail person manhandles it because it's difficult to open and close and tries just yanking it, instead of using the thumb. Oh well.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Supposed to rain next couple days.
    I might have to get that mailbox too Snapdragon, mines been busted and leaning. Of course the mail person manhandles it because it's difficult to open and close and tries just yanking it, instead of using the thumb. Oh well.
    I got this one at the Gus Bock Ace in Winfield. The Merrillville Ace on 93rd and Broadway didn't have them because they are not affiliated, but any of the Gus Bock Aces might have them. Not a bad deal for $79. Just really heavy to get out of the car. Takes two guys or one really strong one.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Indiana State Police: I-80/94 is experiencing areas of high water, particularly WB between Cline Ave and Kennedy.

Oh, boy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thanks, guys. We're still dealing with the cornea issue with Daisy also. Appointment with the Ophthalmologist at Purdue Westville again tomorrow. My stomach better hold out for the trip.

Finally got this up and got numbers on it. I'm happy enough with it, and like someone said here, if somebody hits it, we can just pick it back up. Looks like the next door neighbor's drunk-ass wine tastings are going to be a regular thing.

View attachment 145269
    Yeah. That is what we had. The block is what is sitting in my ditch at this point.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Indiana State Police: I-80/94 is experiencing areas of high water, particularly WB between Cline Ave and Kennedy.

Oh, boy.
    jedi wonders if this is because of the stupid construction they are doing on that section of road and have it done to crazy lane configurations.

THEY HAD ALL OF LOCK DOWN TO DO CONSTRUCTION BUT NNNNNOOOOO...

let's do it after we re open!.
    :facepalm:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    jedi wonders if this is because of the stupid construction they are doing on that section of road and have it done to crazy lane configurations.

Seems that area has had problems with flooding for a while now

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Yeah, it was pretty depressing to hear you in such a happy mood because you had the world to yourself.

It is good to see that you are again displeased with your life.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

If you could post a brief description of the TikTok links, that would be great!

I have bad luck (or timing) with links like that - every time I click on one, a scantilly-clad young lady pops up, and my wife seems to always be right there to see it! I must not be doing it right :) .

ps. I don't mean your links, in particular

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    HR lady on phone with CEO: hi this is Laura from HR. Just finished making all the calls to the employees about the return to work plan.

Well accounting and IT stated they can do their work fully remotely.

So.. so.. they are not coming back.

Yes they said they are not coming back.

Also Kelly from the events department. She just quit.

Yes I said she quit. She said she chooses her yoga pants over this career and there is nothing that will change her mind.

And ray from maintenance. He actually reminded in the building working during all of the pandemic. Yeah he was working but he said he is leaving the building if those mo...fuc... are coming back to the office.

Yes that is a direct quote.

--end video---
    What you are missing is the lady's face as she is telling the CEO all of this.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Thanks, guys. We're still dealing with the cornea issue with Daisy also. Appointment with the Ophthalmologist at Purdue Westville again tomorrow. My stomach better hold out for the trip.

Finally got this up and got numbers on it. I'm happy enough with it, and like someone said here, if somebody hits it, we can just pick it back up. Looks like the next door neighbor's drunk-ass wine tastings are going to be a regular thing.

View attachment 145269

Looks good.

Years ago when I lived in Washington Township east of Valpo, there was an elderly gentleman down the road who had a peculiar and protective relationship with his mailbox. Every morning, he would carry his mailbox out to the road and fasten it to the post. Later in the day after the mail arrived, he would remove the mailbox from the post and take it back to his house. I did not know the man at all but after driving by his place multiple times per day and witnessing this, it became apparent what he was doing. He must have been victimized by mailbox smashing hooligans at some point in time. I am ashamed to admit that I went through a brief bout of that in my youth. For that reason, I have not complained very loudly after the few times my mailbox got trashed later in life as I certainly had it coming to me.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Crazy traffic on US 30 in Schererville. Sucks. That is all ....

I make the commute from Valpo to US 41 every weekday afternoon starting at 4pm. It has always been a grind and has become much worse this spring as the world is getting back to work. I think some are also using it to bypass delays on 80/94 as I am seeing a lot of trucks lately.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Crazy traffic on US 30 in Schererville. Sucks. That is all ....

If only u had this...
    6d5a99fa0f01dff1dd5de5e3b8244f8d.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom