NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Escaped the blue line and delivered the family (aka my dentists) back to their home. Flight was delayed due to a tire change. There was an introduction to :chuck:to the kids that lead to a slough of jokes. I said, "Looks like they'll need to watch Delta Force now."
    Now on to bourbon:30.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Good morning NWI. Time to make the paper doughnuts.

Interesting day yesterday. Power went out about 6:30 in the morning, and my two-year-old whole house generator did not come on. Turns out that the computer would not let the generator come on, because I had not had it serviced at the computers desired interval. It had oil, Fuel, and Spark, but the computer thought I needed to change the oil. I'm not real happy about this. I do plan to maintain it properly, but if it has everything it needs to run, it should run. I don't often quote Willie Nelson, but "that s*** ain't right".

On a positive note, my eighty-year-old paper Shear that we cut paper with, had an electrical problem on Tuesday. That doesn't sound positive, does it, as that's a big problem for us, not being able to cut paper. It's fixed now, so that's the positive part, but there's a good story to go along with it, which I'll finish later.

Y'all have a great day!

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    No way to bypass the computer?
    Why does it need a computer?
    Is it to automate the power transfer?

It's a freakin nanny monitoring system so you don't blow up the engine by running low on oil, I guess. But imagine your car just shutting down when you didn't change the oil on time. Plus it lets you change the weekly test time where it comes on by itself, monitors electric loads, etc ...

I can connect to it via Bluetooth!! , and I probably should have, cause I would have known it's status that way, but I really don't have time for that crap. I guess I'll give them their annual service fee, but I do know how to over-ride the computer now to get it to come on if I have to. The whole point to a whole-house generator is it will come on when you need it, most importantly to run the sump pump, whether you're home or not, so that's what irritates me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom