NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    And so the season begins.

"Illinois minor charged with consuming at Porter Beach The Porter Police Department has made its first arrest of the season for minor consuming at Porter Beach. According to the PPD, at 11:44 p.m. an officer responded to Porter Beach to investigate a complaint of “three to four juveniles in a tent being loud.” On his arrival, the officer found only one subject, as it happens urinating in the roadway at the time, although the officer did pass on his way to the scene a white vehicle southbound on Waverly Road. The subject identified himself as an 18-year-old Oak Forest, Ill., resident, confirmed that his friends had been in the white vehicle, and advised the officer that “they had left him there,” the PPD said. The subject showed signs of having consumed alcohol, admitted having had “a couple beers,” and subsequently registered a blood alcohol content of .13 percent on a portable breath test, the PPD said. The subject also stated that “he has been admitted to the hospital twice before for alcohol poisoning,” the PPD added. A search of the beach yielded no additional involved parties and the subject was transported to Porter County Jail on a charge of minor consuming alcohol."

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I'm lazy and forgetful. I put Stabil in my gas cans when I fill them. All gas going in mowers and snow blower already have it. Harder to forget and my lawnmower and snowblower start when I need them.

Also gas may sit a while, since it is also for the generator. I rotate through the cans to keep it from getting too old.
    I put Stabil in my gas cans as well and that is the only place where I use it. I run the tank empty and any residue still left in the system is treated and less likely to gunk up. One of the guys at the old Valpo Small Motors shop told me to do that years ago and it has worked well for me.

Last edited:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Who knows something about Lake County jury duty? I have to go on the 19th. It used to last for six weeks, I think, and you had to be available every Monday to get chosen or not. Is it still that way? Is there any way to get out of it once you get there? I am not at all comfortable leaving my mom home alone all day.
    I was summoned about 8 years ago to appear on Monday morning for jury selection and was released without serving. That was my only obligation for that summons. They summoned me again several years later and I ended up serving on the jury for a 3-day murder trial.

I think it's difficult to get out once you are there but if you explain the situation, they will listen. You may want to try to at least get a postponement between now and then. I successfully did that once because I had to travel on business.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Who knows something about Lake County jury duty? I have to go on the 19th. It used to last for six weeks, I think, and you had to be available every Monday to get chosen or not. Is it still that way? Is there any way to get out of it once you get there? I am not at all comfortable leaving my mom home alone all day.
    It is only for one week now.

If you are seated in the box they will give you a chance to declare a hardship, they may or may not let you go.

I have served 4 times and begged out twice.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It is only for one week now.

If you are seated in the box they will give you a chance to declare a hardship, they may or may not let you go.

I have served 4 times and begged out twice.
    I remember that the best way to get released from the box during questioning was to tell them that you were either a past victim of a crime or that you had a past negative experience with the criminal justice system.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Morning all. Weekend is almost here although Jedi will be happy. Cold and rainy which is just liquid snow.
    Hoping this means not as much yard work

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I remember that the best way to get released from the box during questioning was to tell them that you were either a past victim of a crime or that you had a past negative experience with the criminal justice system.
    Thanks. I will be honest about my situation, and if they say I have to stay, I'll find a way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom