NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    What trash companies do yall use? Republic keeps raising rates, now over $300 quarterly for a single bin. Pretty sure I could just collect the trash in my truck bed and drop it off at the transfer center for less than that. Haven't explored that option yet, but might have to.
    We went to Ray's. Like you, Republic just pricrd themselves out of what we are willing to pay.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    New guy from Miller.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    New guy from Miller.

Hey everyone, Rob from Miller!

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    I went to Bass Pro Shop in Portage this morning. I was, maybe, 12-14th in line, waiting for the store to open. When the doors opened there was a mad rush to the ammo aisle and it quickly got picked clean.

It was unfortunate, because everyone tried cramming into the aisle (COVID-19, hello?!). There were 2 employees and 2 shopping carts in the aisle, to make matters worse, and only a handful of people wound up walking away with handfuls off boxes of different caliber.

The trip was not in vain for me, as someone realized they grabbed one more box than the limit allowed and offered me it. $14.99 for 50 rounds of 9mm was the best price I've ever paid for ammo! (Ignore I've only been buying ammo since January 6.)

Truth be told, I'll happily pay the $10 surcharge I have been at Blythe's to not have to deal with that ever again. I've camped out for video game consoles for the past 2 decades and those always went smoother than this!

A ticket-based system, based off of each customer's request for what they are looking for, coupled with an understanding of what's in inventory would work out so much better. Shoot, even just gatekeeping the aisle!
    Ahhh, so they are getting ammo, but it's gone once they open...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hey everyone, Rob from Miller!
    Hi!!!
    Finally another North of US30 member!
    Welcome to the thug gang! (We r da kool kids!)
    Those south of US30 are the rednecks brothers and sisters. :p

Be careful of our porter county siblings. Mama dont wanna talk about what daddy did over there cause its ffaaarrr. :rofl:

We have a few "cousins" in la port county but they eat raccoons and play the banjos all day long. :runaway:

You will find that in this thread we talk about everything but guns at times.

We have a meet and eat or is it meet and shoot coming up shorty if you are interested.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Hi!!!
    Finally another North of US30 member!
    Welcome to the thug gang! (We r da kool kids!)
    Those south of US30 are the rednecks brothers and sisters. :p

Be careful of our porter county siblings. Mama dont wanna talk about what daddy did over there cause its ffaaarrr. :rofl:

We have a few "cousins" in la port county but they eat raccoons and play the banjos all day long. :runaway:

You will find that in this thread we talk about everything but guns at times.

We have a meet and eat or is it meet and shoot coming up shorty if you are interested.
    Definitely interested. Have made some family since moving up, but few friends. Would love to participate. Looking for 9mm for my wife's new baby if anyone can spare some at a fair price.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry, I'm a Trekkie. I can only offer 23rd century tech.
    So is this your leader...
    latest

;)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What trash companies do yall use? Republic keeps raising rates, now over $300 quarterly for a single bin. Pretty sure I could just collect the trash in my truck bed and drop it off at the transfer center for less than that. Haven't explored that option yet, but might have to.
    Have you called them and asked for a better price?

Our experience is all of the trash companies get as a customer and then keep jacking up the price unless you call them on it.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Have you called them and asked for a better price?

Our experience is all of the trash companies get as a customer and then keep jacking up the price unless you call them on it.
    So far Total has been very good. This is our 3rd year with them and the rates gone up $8 per 3 months.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Hey Rob, I'm in Miller as well. New to the area (Jan '20) and also To INGO (joined the forum around the same time.) Miller really is great.
    Well, I passed the 50 post threshold, but since I am still new, I would say welcome to Miller. Lot's to love here for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom