NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I went to Glen Park Izaak Walton tonight and shot 3 rounds of trap. Had to test the new to me Browning BPS I bought. The gun worked great, I just have to fix the operator so that the results are better. It actually wasn't that bad outside.
    Always...always

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Would anyone mind sharing some training instructors/opportunities in the area? As a first time gun owner, it is imperative I take a safety or training course. Sure, I’ve had fellow gun owners show me the ropes, but that is no substitute.

I did search what I thought was the appropriate sub-forum here and only found a thread about becoming an instrutor.

Beggars can’t be choosers, and I am open to hearing of any resource, but I’d rather not go into Lake County if it can be avoided.

Nothing against my next door neighbors, but your county is just too crowded! I’m perfectly content with sticking with the 5 car traffic jams where I am. :P

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Would anyone mind sharing some training instructors/opportunities in the area? As a first time gun owner, it is imperative I take a safety or training course. Sure, I’ve had fellow gun owners show me the ropes, but that is no substitute.

I did search what I thought was the appropriate sub-forum here and only found a thread about becoming an instrutor.

Beggars can’t be choosers, and I am open to hearing of any resource, but I’d rather not go into Lake County if it can be avoided.

Nothing against my next door neighbors, but your county is just too crowded! I’m perfectly content with sticking with the 5 car traffic jams where I am. :P

I've heard good things about Midwest Training Group. https://mwtraininggroup.com/

They use Blythes in Valpo for classes. My wife took a couple classes with them and learned a lot and wants to take more.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Here is turnandshoot4's upcoming classes: https://infinitysolutionsusa.com/

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've heard good things about Midwest Training Group. https://mwtraininggroup.com/

They use Blythes in Valpo for classes. My wife took a couple classes with them and learned a lot and wants to take more.
    My wife and I have both taken classes at Blythe's given by Midwest. We had the owner of Midwest as our instructor and the classes were very good.

Shoot Point Blank also offers training classes. They are located in Merrillville.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    You can pay me to show you how to do that. We don't even have to go to a range, we can just cruise the streets of Gary or Griffith and pop em off at street signs. No one cares up there

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom