• Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Example: had a truck towed in from an accident, shoulda gone to a body shop but it was already here, customer was SURE it was only mechanical damage, pretty much right but the frame was mangled, that’s body shop stuff. State Farm jerked this poor guy around from Halloween night to about two weeks ago when they finally cut him what he said was a pitiful check. They towed it out in December and lost the truck, absolutely no idea where it went. They even called AGAIN yesterday to see if they could come pick it up, it’s been gone since December!!!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    You had State Farm didn’t you? I’ve heard nothing but nightmares from them recently and they used to be the pinnacle of great company’s
    State Farm from a victim standpoint, once you sign off, even though they said they paid the bill, sign you off. Ask for a photo doc.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You had State Farm didn’t you? I’ve heard nothing but nightmares from them recently and they used to be the pinnacle of great company’s
    Correct for both home and auto.
    There was $3k in tools that were in the van at the time as well. Talking to the local agent who was rude AF about providing info on claiming that was another nightmare. Did not end up claiming any of that in the end.

Not mad about the value of the van in the end. jedi had estimated the value of the van to be 3k and ended up with a check for 2500 after the 500 deductible. It was the whole process that was a nightmare and their lack of help or answers.

And then 2 months after they issues a check jedi gets a late fee notice that the van policy renewal was late. Idiots! They were billing me for the stolen van still. :xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Example: had a truck towed in from an accident, shoulda gone to a body shop but it was already here, customer was SURE it was only mechanical damage, pretty much right but the frame was mangled, that’s body shop stuff. State Farm jerked this poor guy around from Halloween night to about two weeks ago when they finally cut him what he said was a pitiful check. They towed it out in December and lost the truck, absolutely no idea where it went. They even called AGAIN yesterday to see if they could come pick it up, it’s been gone since December!!!
    Sounds similar to coworker who also had state farm. Her car was street parked when chicago police crashed into it chasing someone. All 3 cars: guy running, police suv and her car were totaled.

It took state farm 5 months before they cut her a check and only after daily talking by her. They also have no clue where the car is at since they towed it to one body ship and then it was suppose to go somewhere else but no clue where it ended up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've dealt with insurance before and they are horrible!

&*#$% moved so slow when tree made a hole in roof. jedi had to fix it jediself with thr help of a roofer guy. Insurance could care less about the water damage that may wlukd have occured had jedi waited for them. jedi ended up paying out of pocket and got zero help from insurance.

Years prior when the raccoons damaged the attic in prior house again insurance claimed it was out of policy and offered no solutions. Again had to find someone to help fix all of it and raccon proof the attic.

So yeah guess jedi has no desire to be asking insurance for help as they never f... help!
    I've had the opposite experience every time I have had to make claims. USAA, GEICO, and Safeco were all quick and seemed fair in their payouts.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    USA Collegiate Fencing Championships is this weekend. Saturday was the Individual event. Today is the Team event. I'm coaching the Purdue fencing team. Yesterday's results were pretty good. Got a girl into the Top 16 for Saber, which is a big accomplishment. She has been fencing with me for just her second season. Big disappointment for our top Saber guy, he was just fencing badly and finished only in the top 1/2 of the event. He is a past winner of the midwest region and was expected to be a serious medal contender at this national event. 2 other boys did pretty well. The other squads had some great results too, and some disappointments. Today is teams, the pressure is lower, the team should do pretty well.
    339418123_173238808933548_5548656798014782351_n.jpg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You think gas stations work when the power is out?

Generator for the win
    And what powers the generator? You know - what makes that armature spin? Most likely ICE! Unless your Jedi and have racoons in a giant hamster spinner, maybe...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Thanks for the suggestions. We will try Tate's Place tomorrow and the others another time.
    You may want to consider one of the other places today. I was just told Nativity Church next door still has no power. I would assume Tate's too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And what powers the generator? You know - what makes that armature spin? Most likely ICE! Unless your Jedi and have racoons in a giant hamster spinner, maybe...
    In the case of KLB it's a natural gas generator so no issues for him.

Melensdad has a tri-fuel generator so again no issues for him either natural gas, gasoline or propane.

Now if one has just a gasoline generator then yet you will eventually be out of luck. But those tend to be the portable units unlike the whole house genys that some members have here running on natural gas.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My tools are covered by my general liability insurance.
    When the van was stolen jedi wanted to know if the tools would be covered under the car or home policy. SF said home saying there was (jedi think) 1.5k deductioable.

When jedi says well jedi had about 3k in loss the agent said well you will need proof of tools. Jedi asks what type of proof? Agent said receipts, images, serial numbers. The agent was shocked to know that jedi had all that. Scans of receipts, images and an excel file with the series numbers of the higher end stuff if it had one.

The agent then said well your premium will go up. Again at this point all jedi wanted was info on the process. But the tone in agents voice that jedi was bothering him really was upsetting.

jedi has a separate insurance policy for the LEGO with a small company in PA. They have been a breeze to work unlike SF.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom