• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow driving from the dells to the Illinois line today on 39 was a rodeo cars off in ditches 15-20 mile stretch closed and unplowed cars parked in the middle of the road getting smacked into

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I was in high school I made extra bucks by swapping tires for folks in the fall and spring. We had a tire changer in our garage and it was some easy extra bucks.

Winter tires used to look more like aggressive off road tires do now.

Never has any issues getting around with rear wheel drive. Not even when I was driving a Corvair. Of course the 54 Olds 88 and later the 63 Olds 98 were heavy enough that they had little problems getting around.

Today's technology does make it both safer and easier to get through snow. From computerized traction systems to improved tire compounds it is better now than years past.

Of course it sures costs more to fix them if they break.

They're still aggressive, but not that aggressive. :):
    1674871340908.png

1674871547705.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The AWD is useful for when you're stopped on a hill sometimes.
    Such as, leaving Chapel Hill, pulling onto the road.
    I could feel the different tires slipping and see the traction control light coming on.

Was also useful when we actually had decent snow, and I'd pull people back to road, including an officer in a Crown Vic (I think it was) that I swore I watched almost going off the road again when I looked in my mirror.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Morning GoW. How are you doing?
    I’m doing good. FINALLY getting most of the paperwork done dealing with dad’s estate. Some of its been easy, some had been a nightmare. Some of it dates back to when they built their house in 1965. Now all I have to do is go through the accumulation of almost 60 years of crap in the house, and garage.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I’m doing good. FINALLY getting most of the paperwork done dealing with dad’s estate. Some of its been easy, some had been a nightmare. Some of it dates back to when they built their house in 1965. Now all I have to do is go through the accumulation of almost 60 years of crap in the house, and garage.
    I get that. We filled 2 big dumpsters before the in house auction. My wife's parents passing was endless pop-ups of things we didn't know. Worst was back in the 80s, they sold the mineral rights to the land leaving us with not being able to sell the already agreed on property with the buyer. We had to set up an account and have the buyers agree to take care of it should the insurance company respond back. The insurance company has a 2 year window to respond to the offer or it becomes a lame duck. It's been over a year now and not a peep. The only thing we ever heard from them is they received it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom