• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    One of my favorite smells is the combination of brewing coffee and frying bacon. That said, I cannot stand the taste of coffee. As a teen, I tried it black and with cream and sugar. When I enlisted in the Navy, my recruiter offered me a cup of coffee. I told him that I never drink coffee. He said that I would be a coffee drinker in 6 months. At the end of the 4-year enlistment, I still had not touched it.
    Because he challenged you :lmfao:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    How did people ever survive back in the ancient days when almost every car was rear wheel drive only. They must be all dead. :)

Well, I survived it, but I have to admit to putting more than one in the ditch over the years. But it usually had more to do with the Wild Turkey than the mechanical attributes of the car.

I do not miss those days.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Well, I survived it, but I have to admit to putting more than one in the ditch over the years. But it usually had more to do with the Wild Turkey than the mechanical attributes of the car.

I do not miss those days.

I never put anything in a ditch, but I had a Blazer K10 and high centered it, not just once, but twice. Both on snow hills.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    When I was in high school I made extra bucks by swapping tires for folks in the fall and spring. We had a tire changer in our garage and it was some easy extra bucks.

Winter tires used to look more like aggressive off road tires do now.

Never has any issues getting around with rear wheel drive. Not even when I was driving a Corvair. Of course the 54 Olds 88 and later the 63 Olds 98 were heavy enough that they had little problems getting around.

Today's technology does make it both safer and easier to get through snow. From computerized traction systems to improved tire compounds it is better now than years past.

Of course it sures costs more to fix them if they break.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom