Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Rain
    The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor (GIF Image)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I honestly can't figure out why anybody gives a **** about the proposed solar farm in Malden. The main point of opposition seems to be "Thurr gunna ruin r farm land" but it's all privately owned land being willingly leased to the solar company by the land owners.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No rain in far suburban Lowellabama. Dark skies and we had some thunder and a couple flashes of lightning in the sky. But no moisture from sky.

One of the dogs has already gotten his anxiety meds, thunder makes him shake and shiver. He should be able to sleep through the night, this stuff pretty much knocks him out.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I honestly can't figure out why anybody gives a **** about the proposed solar farm in Malden. The main point of opposition seems to be "Thurr gunna ruin r farm land" but it's all privately owned land being willingly leased to the solar company by the land owners.
    More boomers booming

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    No rain in far suburban Lowellabama. Dark skies and we had some thunder and a couple flashes of lightning in the sky. But no moisture from sky.

One of the dogs has already gotten his anxiety meds, thunder makes him shake and shiver. He should be able to sleep through the night, this stuff pretty much knocks him out.
    I gather it is not a hunting dog.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Probably because the solar fields look like butt, Would be my guess. Everything is fine in someone else’s backyard.

and I bet the people living near the mines have a thing or two to say about how “green“ solar is. But as long as it is someone else’s backyard no biggie

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Same here. I've seen signs against it all the way up on Division.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Same here. I've seen signs against it all the way up on Division.
    Similar to when a community is fighting say a landfill(fill in with anything pig farm factory hotel etc etc) ? You see signs all over but drive through and say “well the garbage has to go somewhere” and then you pass by and forget about those people. Meanwhile their air quality water quality and home value all go to crap.

Until you guessed it…… when something is coming to your backyard and you have the sign out those people drive by and do the same!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Took the kid to the Harry Potter experience at Water Tower Place. He had a blast.

Holy cow the construction! Toll Road was bad enough, but practically all of Stoney Island on to LSD.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Took the kid to the Harry Potter experience at Water Tower Place. He had a blast.

Holy cow the construction! Toll Road was bad enough, but practically all of Stoney Island on to LSD.
    Wow I took my kids there months ago I thought that was a traveling attraction. They also had a blast

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Similar to when a community is fighting say a landfill(fill in with anything pig farm factory hotel etc etc) ? You see signs all over but drive through and say “well the garbage has to go somewhere” and then you pass by and forget about those people. Meanwhile their air quality water quality and home value all go to crap.

Until you guessed it…… when something is coming to your backyard and you have the sign out those people drive by and do the same!
    Meh. Wouldn't bother me if they put it next to me. Actually it would stop someone from putting a subdivision next to me. That would be much worse in my book.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom