• Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Kia/Hyundai have made huge leaps in styling and feature department, mechanically they’re still in the Elantra ages. Have a friend at Webb Hyundai, they are warranting engines so often they had to build a storage center just for new engines and core returns!! They average 37 replacements a week!!

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Yeah with battery technology finally taking hold the pneumatic stuff isn’t very sought after. Someone will find a home for it tho I’m sure.
    The battery stuff is pretty stable now. The manufacturers have it figgered out. The money is in the battery, not the tool. You can buy tools cheap, but the battery will set you back.

As far as pneumatic.....

It's a gone platform, except for some automotive/truck tools.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Battery stuff is great because it is so portable. But in my garage I still like the air compressor for a lot of things like the impact wrench or inflating tires or blowing stuff around etc. Let me know when they make a battery impact wrench that sounds as good as my air tool.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Battery stuff is great because it is so portable. But in my garage I still like the air compressor for a lot of things like the impact wrench or inflating tires or blowing stuff around etc. Let me know when they make a battery impact wrench that sounds as good as my air tool.
    The kids in the shop typically use air impacts because the owner provides them free of charge, 30 years of using them, I find them horrible annoying anymore. My big Milwaukee doubles the torque of my best ingersol rand platinum pneumatic, that being said I only break out the big boy when I need it, there’s a mid power Milwaukee that more than matched it, weighs less, and lasts for days on a single battery. Of course a big ol air compressor is still in the shop (we sell tires) and I have an equally big compressor at home.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Carmax gave me 4k less than I paid for my Golf R 4 years ago. That gave me a lot of equity to put into this one.

Got my charger installed today, so I am ready for it to come home tomorrow
    No explanation necessary congrats on a sweet new ride! I am certainly not anti electric vehicles. I am against forcing ev’s, but thats a different story.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Tomorrow I become a tree hugger. I am going to tread across the state line to get my new EV.
    Good luck. We are tooling up to make the new EDM for all the EV's and everyone is scared to death at the rumored price of the vehicle and maintenance. Should be great for people who want to lease instead of buy though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No explanation necessary congrats on a sweet new ride! I am certainly not anti electric vehicles. I am against forcing ev’s, but thats a different story.
    Same here.

Premium fuel keeps getting more expensive. KVREMC electricity is inexpensive. That was a small consideration.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks.

What about the maintenance?
    We just hear snippets about what it will cost to do out of warranty maintenance the prices we are hearing scare us. None of us are even thinking about getting an EV even with the employee discount. Leasing price per month will still be higher than my Challengers monthly payment. And it would not surprise me if car manufacturers continue to push people to lease > buy. I can tell you I would not want to be stuck with the bill for things after the warranty period. Some of these costs are unfathomable to me if I didn't have a good paying job.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We just hear snippets about what it will cost to do out of warranty maintenance the prices we are hearing scare us. None of us are even thinking about getting an EV even with the employee discount. Leasing price per month will still be higher than my Challengers monthly payment. And it would not surprise me if car manufacturers continue to push people to lease > buy. I can tell you I would not want to be stuck with the bill for things after the warranty period. Some of these costs are unfathomable to me if I didn't have a good paying job.
    Ah, so repair not maintenance. There really isn't much maintenance for an EV.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Ah, so repair not maintenance. There really isn't much maintenance for an EV.
    I mean replacing major components from what I hear is part of standard maintenance. Battery replacement is maintenance, certain parts getting replaced every 30-60k miles is maintenance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom