• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The next NRL22 rifle build moves forward. This one is semi auto.

Arken SH4 6-24x50 scope and Arken 34mm rings.
    Put a throw lever on the scope. I've found 16x to be sufficient for NRL22. If you have the power all the way up and have difficulty finding your targets, turn the magnification down for a larger field of view.

You will most likely want to lower the magnification all the way down for any offhand stages.

Nice set up!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Put a throw lever on the scope. I've found 16x to be sufficient for NRL22. If you have the power all the way up and have difficulty finding your targets, turn the magnification down for a larger field of view.

You will most likely want to lower the magnification all the way down for any offhand stages.

Nice set up!
    I added their "precision package", which includes a throw lever. I have them on all my scopes.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I really like those Bergara rifles. What kind of rear bag you running? I have a Wiebad mini fortune cookie and some of their cubes as well.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    These rigs are to drool for!

Any way a regular guy can compete in this sport with economy gear and moderately priced ammo?
    I would think so, if you can find a rifle/ammo combo that will produce good results.

The smallest targets at the past event were the KYL (know your limits) ones at 50 yards. The last two targets on that rack were 0.5" and 0.25" size.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    These rigs are to drool for!

Any way a regular guy can compete in this sport with economy gear and moderately priced ammo?

Compete, yes. Win...depends on the shooter.

Here's a link to HHRP's NRL22 facebook page with scores from several matches.

Several shooters have lower scores but are achieving the goals of learning the game, improving their shooting abilities and having a great time. Several shooters with top equipment and good skills don't "win" the matches but still achieve the preceding goals.

If you have any interest, bring what you have and come on over to HHRP. You are bound to have a good time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Compete, yes. Win...depends on the shooter.

Here's a link to HHRP's NRL22 facebook page with scores from several matches.

Several shooters have lower scores but are achieving the goals of learning the game, improving their shooting abilities and having a great time. Several shooters with top equipment and good skills don't "win" the matches but still achieve the preceding goals.

If you have any interest, bring what you have and come on over to HHRP. You are bound to have a good time.
    Thank you my friend!

I always win at HHRP, as long as I'm the only one competing in my division.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Thank you my friend!

I always win at HHRP, as long as I'm the only one competing in my division.
    Tube magazine guns don't lend themselves well to the sport but I have seen them used. If you have a .22LR that uses 10 round mags, that is ideal as all stages are 10 round.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Tube magazine guns don't lend themselves well to the sport but I have seen them used. If you have a .22LR that uses 10 round mags, that is ideal as all stages are 10 round.
    Aren't you the one with that gorgeous CZ stainless bull barrel bolt 22??? Can you please post another pic of that in here.....that is a serious drool bucket!!!!:drool::drool:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Aren't you the one with that gorgeous CZ stainless bull barrel bolt 22??? Can you please post another pic of that in here...
    It's not set up for NRL22. I prefer the time savings of a semi-auto. My Kidd 10/22 is posted on the 1st page of this thread.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yesterday was a little spendy. Ordered another Atlas with a QD mount. And then a KRG Bravo for the CZ 457. Yup, that makes 3 of those chassis now for me. I really like them. And evidently Atlas bipods also. :)

Ordered from Precision Shooters and Snyder Precision. Both places having 10% off, no tax and free shipping (over a certain $ amount).
    They have some other cool stuff for NRL22 (and just cool stuff in general). Precision Shooters gives you a free hat also. I like free stuff.

Snyder Precision:
    https://snyderprecision.com/
    - Use the code LETFREEDOMRING10 at checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.
    - 20% off all in stock TriggerTech triggers with the code TRIGGERED20

Precision Shooters:
    https://precisionshooters.com/
    - Use Coupon Code LETFREEDOMRING for 10% off site wide and free shipping now through July 5

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll be selling the 457 Pro Varmint stock as a heads up to anyone who might be interested. And probably the other Athlon Helos BTR also.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did a little research today on various DOPE card holders that people were using. Saw someone using stuff I already had in my toolbox. So I decided to make my own using a section of household solid copper wiring and some alligator clips (roach clips for you hippies :pimp: ). It worked well after I figured out a way to route it tight enough to where it didn't move around on me. I had some luggage ID tags that I wasn't using to hold my little cheat sheets for different stages. I'm just trying this out, so adjustments to the setup and the info I write on the cards will change over time I'm sure.

20210702_214943.jpg

20210702_215016.jpg

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    Yesterday was a little spendy. Ordered another Atlas with a QD mount. And then a KRG Bravo for the CZ 457. Yup, that makes 3 of those chassis now for me. I really like them. And evidently Atlas bipods also. :)

Ordered from Precision Shooters and Snyder Precision. Both places having 10% off, no tax and free shipping (over a certain $ amount).
    They have some other cool stuff for NRL22 (and just cool stuff in general). Precision Shooters gives you a free hat also. I like free stuff.

Snyder Precision:
    https://snyderprecision.com/
    - Use the code LETFREEDOMRING10 at checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.
    - 20% off all in stock TriggerTech triggers with the code TRIGGERED20

Precision Shooters:
    https://precisionshooters.com/
    - Use Coupon Code LETFREEDOMRING for 10% off site wide and free shipping now through July 5
    Which Atlas model did you get?

Top Bottom