• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Come out and joint us for NRL22 at Hoosier Hills Rifle & pistol club in 2022.

When: First Saturday every month. Sight in is available 9am-10am Mandatory safety briefing starts at 10am. We're usually done by 1 or 1:30
    Where: HHRP Outdoor range in Gnaw Bone, Indiana between Columbus and Nashville.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hoosier+Hills+Rifle+and+Pistol+Club/@39.2042087,-86.1445438,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x886b83a576dc37d7:0xbcedf 5edd7047b20!8m2!3d39.2042087!4d-86.1423551
    (one driveway west of Suburban Propane, go down the road and look for the turnoff to the left)

Cost: $10 for HHRP members, $15 for non-members
    All participants must use eye and ear protection.

HHRP is a member of NRL so scores will be posted with NRL22.
    Review the month's course of fire at www.nrl22.org/downloads/
    More details, FAQ, rules, classes, course of fire, etc available at www.nrl22.org/
    HHRP Club info: Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club or www.facebook.com/pg/HHRPClub

If you haven't shot NRL22 before, the short version is 5 strings of ten rounds (and occasionally 12 rounds) in two minutes per string, shooting multiple positions (prone, sitting, kneeling, offhand, and obstacles, with and without support), multiple distances (20-100 yards), and varying targets (1/4"-4" steel). It isn't hard, but it is challenging and a lot of fun. I like to think we're pretty beginner-friendly if you haven't shot an NRL22 match before but it might not be the best match if you haven't shot at all before. You'll need to move between positions and know bullet drops at distances.

Remember to bring your rifle to the line cased. Rifles may only be uncased at the line.

First match of the year will be Jan 1. Bundle up!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Between the weather and pending issues at the range (bureaucratic but under control) we're moving the match to next weekend.

Last edited:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Bump for nice weather this weekend (for a change). Sign up on Practiscore, check past scores on Practiscore.

Not that the weather stops some people.

IMG_0400.jpg

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    ^^^I can see I don't have the equipment for this. Those look like some nice rigs there!
    Some people like spending money lol. we've had guys score pretty well with a stock 1022 (other than the trigger), 80s scope, an decent ammo. The limitation of most 22s, as far as I can tell, is the ammo. Feed it garbage ammo and it'll give you garbage results. Feed a Cricket Eley and it'll stack holes with far more expensive guns.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Some people like spending money lol. we've had guys score pretty well with a stock 1022 (other than the trigger), 80s scope, an decent ammo. The limitation of most 22s, as far as I can tell, is the ammo. Feed it garbage ammo and it'll give you garbage results. Feed a Cricket Eley and it'll stack holes with far more expensive guns.
    I know each .22 is different but what are some brands, configurations or ammo that are considered "good"?

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I found the scope to be most limiting when I tried it. Without target turrets or a dot/tick reticle you have to really know your hold-over/under and judge that based on the target size.

The target sizes are right at the limit of what I think my rifle can hold, but I should be able to optimize that if I find time to try different ammo.

Anything from Eley or SK is “good”. CCI Std. Velocity is better than most, and the Norma that’s been fairly easy to find lately is pretty good. Stick to std. velocity (subsonic) loads.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Yup, Eley, SK, CCI std, Wolf match, Lapua... One of the guys in the club swears by Aguila std. You can either try them all or try a couple till you find good enough.

True, scope does require some consideration since you'll be changing distances frequently. Good repeatable turrets are good but some stages say no adjusting elevation so subtensions are handy.

Whatever ammo and scope, know your dope!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Match this coming weekend April 2. Sign up on Practiscore.

Unfortunately, I have a conflict and won't be there. Ramiro and Troy will cover. Troy's doing well but will be in a more supervisory role this weekend.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Another match this weekend. Should be great weather, see you all there!

Also a new NRL22 season, don't forget to renew your NRL22 membership.

Top Bottom