d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Who's up for a meet and eat during the NRA Convention?

Narrowed it down to 2 places. Spaghetti Factory and Shapiros Deli. Both are well within walking distance with the Spaghetti Factory being the closer of the two to the convention center.

Poll will be up for 5 weeks, so cast your vote on your preferred place and time. Poll will allow up to 2 choices on date, time, and location

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana

Shapiros would make for a good location with lots of room without making a rsvp.. I might be able to talk a good friend coming to town for the Meetings to join us all to eat.. He is a retired SGM 5th Group SF and enjoys talking past, present, and future military firearms. Might even get him to talk about the testing he has been part of for the 6.8 round the military has been developing..​

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I voted for 1800 hours for either location. Shapiro's might be easier for a group though, but farther walk too.

I will try to make any time which the group picks. Currently have plans to go Friday and Saturday so I'm not as rushed as in 2019.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    quasi-related note: Anyone know if NRA members can take guests?
    From their site:
    Skip the Lines! Have your admission badges shipped directly to you for FREE. Your complimentary badge(s) give you full access to the exhibit hall for all three days. NRA members can include their spouse and up to 5 children (under the age of 18). Please fill out the information below.

Please note: Admission Badges are generic. Your name will not appear on the badge. Badges will be shipped on or before March 23rd, 2023. If you haven't received your badge by April 3rd, 2023 or have any questions regarding the pre-registration badge order process please contact us at 877-672-7632.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not technically. But if they are truly generic and some of us order badges for family that we know won’t attend, a guest could take their badge I guess.
    This. I will have 2 extra badges as the wife and youngest aren't going to go

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'd love to meet some INGO'ers... I voted Shapiro's, never been there, but I dislike Italian food.......Saturday works better. Hope to see y'all! I'm bringing my son the the NRA meeting, so he'll be there.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I voted for Shapiro's Saturday afternoon even though I won't be attending the convention. Might be easier to get parking there, and I'm still up for meeting more INGO folks. :thumbsup:
    Last NRA convention Shapiro's had there parking lot monitored for use only while dining. Works great for someone not attending the convention wanting to pop in for a bite to eat with INGO'ers but don't plan on it for parking for the whole day. As I recall I parked at a lot a block or two northwest of Shapiro's.

Not voting above until I figure out my plans but I would lean towards Shapiro's as I don't have a good local deli so it is a treat when in INdy.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Bump

So far Shapiros Saturday the 15th is the winner.

3 weeks left on the poll

Definitely looking forward to meet some of you from the area that I wouldn't normally get a chance to meet

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom