• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am having a blast. Getting the opportunity to see all kinds of guns, ammo and gear. Heck, I told to talk to Tony at S&W's PC. Even got to talk swords (baat jaam dao) with Cold Steel.

Getting my gun geek on in the Dirty, Dirty.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    OMG my legs are killing me. I had to have walked 6-7 miles today. My safety inspection turf was from Bond Arms, through Windham Weaponry, IWI down the the corner with STI and Dessert Tech. All those bigger booths were great to work with.

Alan & A&A were about as far away from my area as it could get but I got him.

I found the Rock River booth suspiciously quiet but didn't get much time at that end of the hall.

Speaking of Hall. It's just over a quarter mile long and just over 100 yards wide. Attendance is projected to beat Louisville but not the crowd seen in Indy or Nashville. Texas next year is expected to crush the attendance record.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Oh, almost forgot... The hottest weapon system this year seems to be the AR10 platform chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mgderf, Henry told me 4 weeks on your .327.

I got to talk to Hudson and told to have my hands on the Avidity Pincus pistol. Hudson says production starts June. Avidity is likely vaporware although Pincus is running a heavy marketing screen. Wait and see.

Dana Loesch "talked" to me. Likely she was just making conversation as I got coffee. You know how the hot chick talks to you in the bar and you look behind you to see who she is addressing? Yeah, it was like that.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There are more homeless people in the city park by my hotel (Ivy Hardy for those familiar with Atlanta) than protestors that Bloomberg was able to bus into Atlanta from the 'burbs.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Dinner at Almalfi Pizza after we discovered that the sushi joint where we were to dine had no AC.

Great place. Fantastic service.

For those with negative stereotypes regarding Atlanta, throw them away, this is the New South and we are having a great time.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I enjoyed the show as normal. Looking forward to indy. Not sure I will make Dallas. I did find a lot of items I am interested in the angstadt rifles looked nice.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last edited:

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    a few buddies and I have went every year since it was in Indianapolis. Atlanta was a good show for us. I have never gotten the amount of free stuff as I did this year. 23 hats, 5 t shirts, hundreds of patches and pins, and more stickers than I care to count. We will be going to Dallas as well. It makes for a good mini vacation for us. We also really enjoyed some local restaurants. Bartaco, Roasters, and Sweet Auburns BBQ were the 3 we made it to. All were excellent. we stayed at the renaissance concourse hotel at the airport and parked in the yellow lot for $10 and rode a shuttle to the door. To us it didn't seem as crowded as Louisville or Nashville. Really looking forward to Dallas and taking my son for the Indy show.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    What is "NRA Management"? BoD? Corporate officers? EVP? Who?

I have not heard anything from federal NRA about this. I know ISRA and federal NRA are fighting right now in the Illinois House against this.

Another look at what happened in Illinois: https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/...k-river-arms-oppose-gun-dealer-licensing-act/

Thanks for posting that Kirk. The initial press release from SA was poorly worded. I'm sure others will jump in and say 'yah, they just didn't expect the backlash and are backpedaling' but I'd rather have back pedal than hunkering down and sticking to it.

Stopped in the other thread... looks like their backpedaling has no traction when they lead the group they're distancing themselves from

Last edited:
    Top Bottom