• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Old, old thread being dredged up. But, renewal is due soon, and I have real mixed feelings about the NRA right now (I’m a current member of both NRA and GOA.)

So... knowing our rights are in yet further peril right now, do you just go ahead and keep sending these people money?? It seems like GOA is more interested in actually getting these things done. I’m frustrated with the NRA prices continuing to rise, and the never ending mailers looking for more money (not to mention some of the shenanigans going on at the top).

Would be interested in hearing the thoughts of those who might be further in the know, or have strong opinions either way.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do the elected officials voting on this even know who GOA is?

Many of these others are very good organizations but they do not have the clout to fight in the upcoming war.

Those butthurt over the situation at the NRA reacting by cutting off funding for the only organization that can effectively fight the war are just hurting the cause.

Others will be along soon to tell you the unicorns and rainbows story about how to get NRA utopia by starving it of money...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Second Amendment Foundation is doing good things now too.

www.saf.org

By their own mission statement they are not a lobby organization.

"We are dedicated to promoting a better understanding about our Constitutional heritage to privately own and possess firearms. To that end, we carry on many educational and legal action programs designed to better inform the public about the gun control debate ."

They do education and legal action AFTER the infringement. They are not built to stop legislation like the NRA.

Side comment, why would they be set up to lobby when a behemoth already occupied that space? These other fine organizations carved out a niche that NRA did not cover as throughly.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Do GOA. The NRA has a voice in Wahington I know, but they seem to have lost their focus. All they want is money. Get mad, I don't care, it's the truth. For $35 you get a shirt with a flag, bald eagle, and the word freedom. All made in Nicaragua:dunno: How are you going to do this? Better yet, why would you support this? Or, if you don't have $35 you can give just $10 and still have the most important thing....your voice will be heard in D.C. After you give just $10 you will be continuosly asked for more.
    I`m personally sick of the whining about NRA. If YOU don`t like them, DON`T join, we`re MUCH better off without those like you.

As to the answer to the OP: as has been said, join both. Gun Owners of America is tough like NRA was back when they sent out that famous "jack-booted thugs" letter, but they don`t have the numbers NRA has. NRA isn`t nearly as tough as they used to be, but they have the numbers that Washington HAS to pay attention to. That`s why these liberal turds want NRA dissolved, because NRA STILL has a presence that they MUST address. I`m an NRA Life-Endowment member, and I will ALWAYS support NRA as well as GOA.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Do the elected officials voting on this even know who GOA is?

Many of these others are very good organizations but they do not have the clout to fight in the upcoming war.

Those butthurt over the situation at the NRA reacting by cutting off funding for the only organization that can effectively fight the war are just hurting the cause.

Others will be along soon to tell you the unicorns and rainbows story about how to get NRA utopia by starving it of money...
    Yes, those in Washington KNOW GOA extremely well:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Perhaps INGO can have a tab with the links to the various pro gun organizations that are out there. I belong to NRA so I feel I am contributing to the pro 2A causes. Hence I do not really look for others to join. A link to sites would allow INGO to easily research other pro gun organizations without supporting many of the search engines that I refuse to use for various reasons.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    NRA-ILA is a worthy cause. I like the idea of GOA, but have never believed them to be effective at lobbying. NRA does some wonderful things in terms of state orgs, grants, and lobbying statehouses. I've seen all three with my own eyes. Wayne's nonsense has made it a sour donate button, but they are still #1 in town. I've seen GOA at the statehouse once and it was quite underwhelming. Sometimes no compromise feels good, but you never have to compromise when you don't accomplish anything or have a seat at the table. Working bills with leadership and through committees sometimes isn't pretty or ideal as some would imagine.

As far as state orgs, best I've seen are the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus, Iowa Firearms Coalition, VA-CDL, GOAL (Massachusetts), and of course, 2A Project is worth a look. Buckeye Firearms in Ohio does good things, but they've made a weird call or two out of loyalty and relationships to the GOP.

I would always avoid anything tied to Aaron Dorr, Chris Dorr, or Ben Dorr- the scam brothers.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    FPC does some good work as well. I try to donate to several. Hit it from all sides.

Top Bottom