• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samtoast

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Indoor NRA Precision Pistol Matches will be held on January 23rd, February 20th, and March 20th in Range USA in Avon, Indiana. B6 and B16 targets on target turners will be used at 25 yards.

Organizers of the matches are not affiliated with Range USA or any other organization, and don't have anything to gain personally other than promoting the shooting sports.

Attendance is limited to 10 shooters.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had to look it up, I did not know the definition of NRA Precision Pistol . It looks like they renamed Conventional Bullseye Pistol. It was a very challenging game, good to see you promoting it.

I enjoyed shooting that competition a long time ago. A full Bullseye match had a .22 rimfire, a centerfire revolver and a .45 semi auto events. I shot a lot of the .22 events because they were cheap and challenging.

Just curious, is your match all three pistols or a single pistol only?

samtoast

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I had to look it up, I did not know the definition of NRA Precision Pistol . It looks like they renamed Conventional Bullseye Pistol. It was a very challenging game, good to see you promoting it.

I enjoyed shooting that competition a long time ago. A full Bullseye match had a .22 rimfire, a centerfire revolver and a .45 semi auto events. I shot a lot of the .22 events because they were cheap and challenging.

Just curious, is your match all three pistols or a single pistol only?
    You are right - formerly known as Conventional Bullseye Pistol.
    This match is just .22 LR and .45 ACP.
    If you ever want to shoot .22 events again, we do have a virtual league which allows you to shoot at your pace, and your choice of location (honor system). I hope you make it...

Reactions: Leo

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You are right - formerly known as Conventional Bullseye Pistol.
    This match is just .22 LR and .45 ACP.
    If you ever want to shoot .22 events again, we do have a virtual league which allows you to shoot at your pace, and your choice of location (honor system). I hope you make it...
    Is there a signup or practiscore somewhere? Also do you need to shoot both .22 and .45 or can you pick?

samtoast

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Is there a signup or practiscore somewhere? Also do you need to shoot both .22 and .45 or can you pick?
    You can choose to shoot either, but in order to get a full score, you will need to shoot both. Signup details will be announced once we get logistics finalized. Please stand by :-)

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Indoor NRA Precision Pistol Matches will be held on January 23rd, February 20th, and March 20th in Range USA in Avon, Indiana. B6 and B16 targets on target turners will be used at 25 yards.

Organizers of the matches are not affiliated with Range USA or any other organization, and don't have anything to gain personally other than promoting the shooting sports.

Attendance is limited to 10 shooters.
    Precision shooting as opposed to spray & pray, good on you. Wish I lived closer...best wishes.

samtoast

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    You can now register for this "EVENT" on Practiscore:

Registration fee is $18, due at the time of registration on Practiscore. This event is limited to only to 10 shooters. There will be no refunds if you are not able to attend it. If you are not a member of Range USA, you will also be required to pay for lane fees and complete an annual consent form.

Please be ready on site at 6:00 PM. Competition will start promptly at 6:30. Plan for about 2.5 hours.

NRA conventional pistol competition consists of firing slow, timed, and rapid fire. This match consists of 90-shots for a possible aggregate total of 900 points with each caliber. This is done at 25 yards, with one hand, and without any support. You can use iron sights, telescopic scopes or reflective optics. There will be 3 strings of the following:
    - 10 shots slow fire using NRA B16 target (you have 10 minutes to shoot 10 rounds)
    - 2 strings of 5 shots of timed fire using NRA B8 target (you have 20 seconds to shoot 5 rounds)
    - 2 string of 5 shots of rapid fire using NRA B8 target (you have 10 seconds to shoot 5 rounds)

Top Bottom