• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A greedy, blood-sucking CEO in NY State won't suddenly become an able administrator just by moving to Texas. Smoke and mirrors. For an organization like the NRA, the head should be a true believer in RKBA, not someone we pay to go through the motions. LaPierre has shown us who he is, we should believe him. The sooner he goes, the sooner rebuilding in earnest can start. Keeping him is building a house on sand

A different take than mine but both were fairly presented...

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    I've seen and heard some pretty compelling arguments against supporting the NRA (at least until their leadership changed), while presenting my own thoughts on why I continue to support them. I would like to hear some alternatives to focus on, and specifically evidence on their effectiveness in recent years.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I personally think we have lost to many rights. We need to fight to get back the ones we lost. Trying to defend the few we have left puts us all on the continuous defensive stance. Going after lost rights IMO changes to attack. Make them defend their unconstitutional laws.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    More deaths.
    Less injuries.

He "spray and prayed" into a crowd.
    With no bumpstock, he could have just yanked the trigger.
    Then they'd be calling for banning semi-autos. .oh wait, they are trying to ban those.

200 yards isn't any distance at all for a rifle.
    Slow down a bit, and aim, and the percentage towards death would have skyrocked.
    All valid points, and I don't disagree with you. Technically, one can bump fire without a bump stock if they desired to do so, less effective, but possible. With that said, I do believe the intent and function of a bump stock is 'technically', to make a weapon repeat-fire automatically, circumventing the intent of the NFA. That is the approach the ATF took in applying the NFA to bump stocks, and legislative/court efforts against it have failed, consistently. That is why I think the NRA gave up on it up front, they know it is a losing battle when it comes to the evidence being presented in these cases.

Case in point. (I have an Industrial Design background, and can present a clear logical path on this argument if anyone wants to go down that rabbithole).

To your point, he was basically a non-trained shooter using the bump stocks to compensate and throw lead into a condensed crowd. The original tragedy here was him not being identified prior to the shooting and the failures of our national mental health care system.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I can be convinced by a simple independent audit of the NRAs books. If there is nothing to hide open them up.

No - I am not being duped. I am looking for answers that I am not getting.

Yep - I am just a member of the dumb working class.

And why is it "just middle class" you got an iron in the class warfare thing there? You feel better now, explaining all the high goings on to the rest of us poor folk? I agree that NRA membership is probably made up of a lot of middle class people. They probably don't consider themselves "just" in the way you appear to have intended the word.
    Guess you don't know how non-profits operate. One the size of the NRA has an "independent audit" done each year and it is filed with the appropriate Secretary of State as a PUBLIC document. They also file forms and information with the IRS that is PUBLICALLY available.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've seen and heard some pretty compelling arguments against supporting the NRA (at least until their leadership changed), while presenting my own thoughts on why I continue to support them. I would like to hear some alternatives to focus on, and specifically evidence on their effectiveness in recent years.
    Like I've been saying, you can support the NRA-ILA because I think that's a separate fund that WLP doesn't have access to use for illicit purposes. NRA-ILA funds efforts to lobby and shape legislation as well as litigation. Basically supports 2A rights. If I could earmark my donations to fund the NRA's other programs while specifically excluding WPL's fingers, I'd do that.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    From today's WSJ:

"Mark Maremont and Jonathan Randles’s and “NRA Files for Bankruptcy, Will Restructure” (U.S. News, Jan. 16) doesn’t fully describe the National Rifle Association. It is the oldest U.S. “civil rights” organization with the most members. It predates the ACLU and the NAACP. Just because it focuses on the Second Amendment doesn’t make it any less important than others. It is also ironic that it consistently gets dismissed by the others.

Paul Chechak

Savannah, Ga."

Well said and demonstrating yet again that progressives, such as that scum bag from NY they call Letitia James, care little of civil rights. They are totalitarian through and through.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Like I've been saying, you can support the NRA-ILA because I think that's a separate fund that WLP doesn't have access to use for illicit purposes. NRA-ILA funds efforts to lobby and shape legislation as well as litigation. Basically supports 2A rights. If I could earmark my donations to fund the NRA's other programs while specifically excluding WPL's fingers, I'd do that.

What proof do we have that WPL has done what is alleged? Not a trick question I want to know. All I recall were the allegations of those that tried to take over and the accounting firm in the middle of it all. Do we have more than two retired generals that lost?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Guess you don't know how non-profits operate. One the size of the NRA has an "independent audit" done each year and it is filed with the appropriate Secretary of State as a PUBLIC document. They also file forms and information with the IRS that is PUBLICALLY available.
    It appears that those tax documents are, in part, what's causing much of the trouble; with allegations that they are not complete and/or truthful.

If anyone wants to see some of the tax records you can here:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It appears that those tax documents are, in part, what's causing much of the trouble; with allegations that they are not complete and/or truthful.

If anyone wants to see some of the tax records you can here:

2016 and 2017 both years in the red by a lot. They better tighten their belts cut programs and wages to employees who are making way to much money WLP for starters.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom